Regular Contributor

Real Reason for Q's High Prices

The Q is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive gormerly Liberty Media. Liberty's headquarters is about 5 minutes from my house and let me tell you those HQ are something else! I used to work for the company who provided onsite security to Liberty HQ...a HUGE building hodting only a minimal number of offices, a gourmet chef and dining room and an adjacent airplane hangar to the building complete with corporate aircraft. So basically we pay to keep the Liberty executives in a highroller lifestyle!
Contributor

Re: Real Reason for Q's High Prices

doesn't sound like any other corporation in this country.....

Regular Contributor

So that's why QVC UK can use HSN vendors too.. i.e. DG jeans / Perlier / etc. I see them listed on QVC UK site and I purchased both of those lines from HSN in states. Today QVC UK has the DG jeans that HSN had the other day as the TSV.

Regular Contributor

I believe both QVC and HSN are under the liberty umbrella.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe I'm looking at the other side .... but ...... from my experience working for a huge Fortune 500 company, I've observed the schedules many keep ..... most people would never do it.

Liberty has a lot of holdings ..... and for all you know, the top management works 80 hours a week. You just don't know.

Super Contributor

Don't forget the hosts high salaries, which must be a drop in the bucket for these "highrollers."

Honored Contributor

I could care less about the high rollers and the hosts , I don't care how hard they work because they are well compensated. What I do care about is the people behind the scenes who make a fraction of what the elite do and who would suffer if people didn't buy QVC and HSN products. As long as the prices and S&H is what I can afford I no doubt will continue to buy from QVC.