TSV(R) Preview
23 Members and 10734 Guests Online

Q Did What?

Muppets?

Started 1392661387.2 in Q Did What? | Last reply 1395260803.547 by firstsoprano

Am I missing why having the muppets on a shopping channel is important? I could see if they were selling to children, but I'm not sure where the tie in is to the products. I know "miss piggy" supposedly "designed" a handbag for Q, but I just don't see the appeal.

Page 1 of 2
Daysdee1392662063.318583 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Muppets are cute, but no point to having them on QVC.

Bungo1392663949.493360 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006

ITA

I may never pass this way again.

stevieb1392667896.0327200 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

Gina, if you're missing it then so am I and so are lots of folks. This is a complete disconnect. Anything, I guess, as a promotion is their motto, even one that holds so little interest. It increasingly seems like the inmates are in charge of this particular asylum. Rather than give customers something they might actually want, they opt to promote the soon to be cancelled Bethenny, Lori Grenier and now the Muppets... Go figure. Then again, this is the company that's brought us ta Gather, Q Sprouts, Q Plus and programs such repetitive and boring content, so what else should we expect...?

Wink

BonnieBelle1392667960.40719201 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007

I think it's totally pathetic and ridiculous. When Lisa made the announcement the other night, I was hysterical, felt sorry and embarrassed for her.

Scorpios1392673048.283384 PostsRegistered 11/25/2010

I hadn't heard the muppet thing until now. I can almost imagine Lisa Robertson choking out the words that Miss Piggy has designed a handbag for all of us lucky viewers. I don't think anyone above the age of 6 gives a rats you know what about a hand bag designed by Miss Piggy. I couldn't even stomach the heart hardware on the Dooney & Bourke handbags. Who is doing this and more importantly why?

insomniac1392673143.6377238 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

My boys liked the Muppets 25 years ago; I was not enchanted then, nor am I now.

insomniac

stevieb1392679839.42327200 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 2/17/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I think it's totally pathetic and ridiculous. When Lisa made the announcement the other night, I was hysterical, felt sorry and embarrassed for her.

Oh yes, another in a long line of 'big' announcements that weren't...

Last edited on 2/17/2014

stevieb1392679938.8327200 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 2/17/2014 insomniac said:

My boys liked the Muppets 25 years ago; I was not enchanted then, nor am I now.

Wasn't thrilled by them as a child. They were cute, for a time, at best. Even less enamored of them now...

Talk about an announcement that meets the criteria for having fallen fully flat... and then some...

Last edited on 2/17/2014

GinaV241392747873.1874381 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

thanks all, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me since it seems silly in the context of a shopping channel.

The current poll is what food would I want the muppets & David Veneable make -- since there isn't a "who cares?" option, {#emotions_dlg.devil2} I haven't answered the poll.

I know the overwhelming winter weather is making me feel a little crazy but not enough to tune in for the muppets.

Topaz Gem1392748283.48715443 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007Scenic New Hampshire

You have to admit, though, a cooking show with Miss Piggy and David, where he talks about the 'divine swine' could be very interesting... {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Summer afternoon, summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~ Henry James








SPURT1392752181.066308 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009
On 2/18/2014 Topaz Gem said:

You have to admit, though, a cooking show with Miss Piggy and David, where he talks about the 'divine swine' could be very interesting... {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}......good one

SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS! GO SPURS GO!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

SPURT1392752324.6276308 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009
On 2/17/2014 stevieb said:

Gina, if you're missing it then so am I and so are lots of folks. This is a complete disconnect. Anything, I guess, as a promotion is their motto, even one that holds so little interest. It increasingly seems like the inmates are in charge of this particular asylum. Rather than give customers something they might actually want, they opt to promote the soon to be cancelled Bethenny, Lori Grenier and now the Muppets... Go figure. Then again, this is the company that's brought us ta Gather, Q Sprouts, Q Plus and programs such repetitive and boring content, so what else should we expect...?

Wink

Whadda mean.....I think this is a "fantastic" idea---I was hoping they would take over for the hosts....some of them certainly would be an improvement....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS! GO SPURS GO!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

VCamp27481392757901.3436437 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006
On 2/18/2014 Topaz Gem said:

You have to admit, though, a cooking show with Miss Piggy and David, where he talks about the 'divine swine' could be very interesting... {#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I was thinking LR's newest GILI bag or shoes would be pigskin

CalmInTheH­eart1392769206.4276983 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

It's quite the comedown for the Muppets.

Peace

GinaV2413928167984381 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

Spurt, LOL at both of your posts! Your comment about the cooking show reminded me. Does anyone remember the Martha Stewart Christmas special when one of the muppets (sorry I can't recall which one - maybe Miss Piggy) was on? It was too funny. The muppet master was being obnoxious and I thought at one point that Martha who is always oh so serious was going to whack the puppet with a spoon.

I'll bet it is on youtube!

SPURT1392819121.196308 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009
On 2/19/2014 GinaV24 said:

Spurt, LOL at both of your posts! Your comment about the cooking show reminded me. Does anyone remember the Martha Stewart Christmas special when one of the muppets (sorry I can't recall which one - maybe Miss Piggy) was on? It was too funny. The muppet master was being obnoxious and I thought at one point that Martha who is always oh so serious was going to whack the puppet with a spoon.

I'll bet it is on youtube!

Hi Gina......

Gee I missed that Christmas Special and that sounds hilarious I will have to see if I can find that one on youtube....LOL if the Muppets could get Martha riled up it would be interesting to see what they could do with QVC vendors and hosts....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS! GO SPURS GO!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

stevieb1392819898.04727200 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 2/19/2014 SPURT said:
On 2/19/2014 GinaV24 said:

Spurt, LOL at both of your posts! Your comment about the cooking show reminded me. Does anyone remember the Martha Stewart Christmas special when one of the muppets (sorry I can't recall which one - maybe Miss Piggy) was on? It was too funny. The muppet master was being obnoxious and I thought at one point that Martha who is always oh so serious was going to whack the puppet with a spoon.

I'll bet it is on youtube!

Hi Gina......

Gee I missed that Christmas Special and that sounds hilarious I will have to see if I can find that one on youtube....LOL if the Muppets could get Martha riled up it would be interesting to see what they could do with QVC vendors and hosts....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

No. Really. It wouldn't...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm sorry, I just don't get the Q's thinking on this one AT ALL...

TX-starlig­ht1392833778.6474445 PostsRegistered 2/8/2010
On 2/17/2014 stevieb said:

Gina, if you're missing it then so am I and so are lots of folks. This is a complete disconnect. Anything, I guess, as a promotion is their motto, even one that holds so little interest. It increasingly seems like the inmates are in charge of this particular asylum. Rather than give customers something they might actually want, they opt to promote the soon to be cancelled Bethenny, Lori Grenier and now the Muppets... Go figure. Then again, this is the company that's brought us ta Gather, Q Sprouts, Q Plus and programs such repetitive and boring content, so what else should we expect...?

Wink

I agree!!

BonnieBelle: I think it's totally pathetic and ridiculous. When Lisa made the announcement the other night, I was hysterical, felt sorry and embarrassed for her.

To BonnieBelle:I don't watch Lisa, but I can only imagine her choking this announcement out,lol... QVC is "losing it"....... with me at least.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Last edited on 2/19/2014

txskies1393962711.297246 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I doubt that the "Muppets" have any appeal to the shoppers of QVC. Who thought that one up? Miss Piggy designed the bag? Wow - impress your friends with that!

Last edited on 3/4/2014

bkhlih1394120099.507271 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007

I think I see the appeal for the Q to do this. There is a new Muppet movie coming out, from Disney, who is using the Q as an avenue to promote the movie and sell some items as well. Since the characters are supposedly there all day, I think you can bet there may be some moments that hit local or cable news programs of hosts interacting with them...more promotion for both entities. And if it pans out and does well financially, we'll probably see a lot more Disney items on Q in the future.

sarahpanda1394225697.11364 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007

I thought the Muppets were strange to be on QVC also. Count me as 'won't be watching'....

If I wanted to watch the Muppets, I would go to the cartoon channel...just sayin'...

tantallum1394288988.391445 PostsRegistered 10/31/2006Chicago, IL

I don't get it either!!

Daysdee1394480608.40318583 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Love the Muppets, but don't see their place on QVC. Tired of hearing about the fact they will be on and also tired of the them still mentioning everything "Red Carpet." That ship has sailed. David mentioned the Muppets will be in the kitchen with him next Wednesday. Oh my!

Tissyanne1394566930.872936 PostsRegistered 12/6/2012
Where is the sense of fun and something different that so many have asked for? I think it will be a success. Lighten up.

Our beloved furbabies are in heaven, in perfect health. Joy abounds all around them.

suzyQ31394639659.68724125 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

The only thing I can think of is that it will appeal to the younger portion of their demographic who have young children who will want to see the movie.

But then, what do I know? Before my time here, I had never thought that there were grownups who were so attached to Disney stuff.

"We need science, and we need humanity. Without these we will revisit the Dark Ages"

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion -- Arnold H. Glasow

Page 1 of 2