Frequent Contributor

Why is Laurie Greneir's photo and ad appearing on the QVC homepage along with the TSV 2 - 3 times per week? She sells other people's inventions .....I really don't understand her popularity. To me, she appears a little dishonest when she claims "we" created this or that for you. She freely and openly says this on Shark Tank.

Honored Contributor

I don't get all these repetitive and boring home page references to her or to Bethenny Frankel either... I often wonder if the Q has an investment in their shows.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 1/28/2014 stevieb said:

I don't get all these repetitive and boring home page references to her or to Bethenny Frankel either... I often wonder if the Q has an investment in their shows.

Lori Greiner was on QVC a long time before Shark Tank started.

Honored Contributor

I dont really have a problem with Lori....at least she's not an overhyper vendor....I think it has more to do with the competition and HSN with Joy M.....so the Q had to have an "inventor" too....But boy oh boy get Joy M and Susan Graver together and we could generate enough "energy" to service the whole U.S.A! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

I think a lot of what Lori does is work with inventors and patent others ideas and get them to market....in addition to some products of her own...

Greiner's accomplishments come from her sharp instincts and strong business sense. She handles the legal and patent processes, and drives her business to the success it has achieved. An expert on patenting and a guest speaker for the United States Patent & Trademark Office, she is hands-on in all facets of taking a product from concept to creation and to market within months. She has also helped many budding entrepreneurs turn their ideas into hit products. At the heart of her own success lie talent, hard work and perseverance, as well as sincere, energetic on-air appeal.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch Shark Tank and I've never been a fan of Lori G's. Her personality is not very engaging to me, so I always turn the channel when she's on. I guess her presence on the website is QVC's way of cashing in on her Shark Tank celebrity.

I've never purchased any of her "creations," but I did receive one as a gift--a small jewelry box that had a lining to keep silver from tarnishing. After a couple of months, the outside of the box tarnished. It looked terrible and was not something I'd want displayed on my dresser. I read reviews that mentioned this happened to others who bought that jewelry box.

There may be some good ideas, but there are issues with execution. Some of her products are not unique as she suggests. For example, HSN has a vendor who has very similar products as LG's line. Lots of vendors sell the tarnish-free lining jewelry boxes.

Super Contributor

Lori came to the Q when Joy Mangano left to go to HSN - where she has really been a big hit with her products --I agree with what the op said about Lori's strengths - they are developing the products that she discovers on the Shark Tank and taking care of the patent process - she is a very smart business woman!

Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with her either, but I guess I have to agree that her mug being a fixture on the homepage makes very little sense and certainly doesn't facilitate any sort of focus on product.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
Weren't Joy M and LoriG partners a very long time ago?
Honored Contributor

I don't care for Lori's items and she just doesn't appeal to me. I have only purchased one of her items and it's the closet hanging thing that everyone makes. You can fold sweaters, etc. and put them in it. Now these are at just about all stores. Yes, she came to QVC after Joy Mangano took her inventions and went to HSN. She has done quite well there even though she is hyper in the presentations. Love the JM hangers.