Honored Contributor

SOMETHING OLD IS NEW, AND TOO MUCH COOKING SPOILS THE PROGRAMMING!

While most of the country is experiencing wintry weather.....it would be a nice change of pace for QVC to show something new and exciting while we are stuck in doors, wouldn't it......{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Can you believe it...the Q has finally come thorugh and responded to our complaints....There are some different shows on this Saturday...now close your eyes....no peeking now....

cat

Isn't it great that there will be no Dell, HP, or Apple this weekend.....I hate to get your hopes up but INSTEAD the clever and creative QVC brings you a Saturday full of HAIER!!!! Featuring Haier electronics and a Haier Tablet!!!!....Oh "jumping for joy"....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.. The promo reads---Tune in and log in for Haier 9" 8GB Android Tablet....jump into top technology now for a brag-worth price...Aren't you excited.....Cool Just goes to show you...be careful what you wish for......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And in between Haier Tablet shows....stay tuned for Vitamix---more than a blender (maybe it now has an attachment to shovel your snow-filled walk)...

The blender's swift rise over the last couple years is due in large part to its fervent following of fans, who openly profess their devotion to the 2-horsepower, commercial-grade machine online and in public settings to just about anyone who will listen. So I guess it's a CULT CLASSIC--

i

And solve your hair challenges with cutting edge products from Calista Tools.....

Some customers had these comments about Calista products and Tools....

"Dont waste your money".

"I had high hopes for this but it did NOTHING for my hair!"

"Leaves my hair flat, lifeless, and dull"

"Awful!"

i

And then.....starting at 11 PM Eastern Time....QVC brings you 25 "fun filled" hours of

COOKING ON Q...YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS.....

Lets give a hand to those advertising folks at QVC how do they come up with NEW SHOW TITLES to push the same ole BORING merchandise.....it appears that the TITLES are the only thing NEW at the Q {#emotions_dlg.glare}

i

I know you will be glued to your TV set watching a "fascinating" and "entertaining" lineup Stay tuned for the following programming---

A regular makes an appearance it's CHEAPTATIONS---make your meals more exciting with this sometimes cracking, exploding, and easily chipped dinnerware.....well it sure makes for an interesting table setting....Martha Stewart has nothing on you and your Temptations....Wink. Some customers have referred to these sets as "THE DOLLAR STORE OF DINNERWARE"....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Follow all directions carefully now--don't let this happen to you---

i

Lock and Lock Storage is next----Some folks are complaining that it does not live up to its name like it used to (some have complained about the newer lids not staying in place).....If they dont work maybe you can use them to store paper clips......

Then its the one.....the only......BAM BAM MAN.....

i

No, NO, NO....not that Bam Bam.....this one is straight from "the other shopping channel" back to QVC.......Did you know at one time, just like those other "illustratious" masters of cuisine, Chef Boyardee and Franco-American, The Bam Man offered BAM CANNED MEALS(like canned spaghetti and meatballs) ...Now that's what I call a true "gourmet" chef.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

THEN it's another OLD favorite.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} Keurig--Gourmet Coffee Made Perfect.....remember Keurig is a derivative of the Dutch word for "excellence".......Wink Personally I like my Mr. Coffee.....

i

Gather your friends and neighbors and call your favorite foodie...

It's a 4 HOUR SPECIAL---of IN THE KITCHEN WITH DAVID---- Indeed a truly "special" time for all....why I think this will be much more exciting than next weekend's ole Super Bowl or even THE PUPPY BOWL....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm sure there will be LOTS of HAPPY DANCING......and dare I say it.....we can only hope there will be a mention of the "divine swine" sometime during the show....Wink

i

i

This special show will feature such favorites as the Genius Nice Dicer and Multi-Chopper, the ever popular Food Wrapper, Perfect Gourmet....Potstickers and the rest of the usual GARBAGE...{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Oh and check out Culinary Corner......a fun time for all....

i

Stay tuned for Shows featuring---KitchenAid products, and then Vitamix has another show....SANDWICHED......in between more shows from the BAM BAM MAN......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well at least there is no Our Lady Of Liquid Knit on this Sunday.....of course which is the lesser of the two evils.....{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Another "great" weekend....it reminds me of the definition of "insanity"....doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....It certainly pertains to QVC's program lineups lately....

I'll be watching some NBA and the less boring NFL Pro-Bowl---

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: SOMETHING OLD IS NEW, AND TOO MUCH COOKING SPOILS THE PROGRAMMING!

What is the cooking TSV? Is it from Emeril again?

Honored Contributor

Hi Spurt!

At least they had an all gold day today. It's the first time in many months that I watched more than just a few minutes of Q.

Well, some of it was gold. And there were a few nice pieces (especially compared to the last few years). But I still consider gold plated resin to be costume and can't figure out how it could possibly be on a 14k gold day!

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

Hi Spurt!

At least they had an all gold day today. It's the first time in many months that I watched more than just a few minutes of Q.

Well, some of it was gold. And there were a few nice pieces (especially compared to the last few years). But I still consider gold plated resin to be costume and can't figure out how it could possibly be on a 14k gold day!

Hi Calmin....

With a wintry weather mix and sinus infection....I stayed home and watched the jewelry shows on and off.....what a PLEASANT change from QVC's usual boring and redundant usual stuff....Some of the pieces were very nice....and others.....well...lets just say.... costume jewelry that you can jump on....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I could have done without David M. on the shows.....and he FINALLY admitted that gold prices have indeed gone down....

But I was curious why they continue to call it a CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH SALE when a lot of the pieces came from Italy (and probably China and Thailand).....and probably NONE from California....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Maybe they should just call it a JEWELRY SALE....Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2014 Daysdee said:

What is the cooking TSV? Is it from Emeril again?

Hi Daysdee....not sure what it is yet....they will probably post a preview tomorrow...

Honored Contributor

Potstickers...? Again...? Really, Q?

Looks like another problem weekend on Q. Not watching. Any of it.

Did enjoy what I could watch of gold day. Too bad THAT wasn't on tomorrow or Sunday. What a concept, Q...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Doesn't everyone who actually wants a Vitamix have one by now? It's aired three time a week for the last year.
Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2014 3star said: Doesn't everyone who actually wants a Vitamix have one by now? It's aired three time a week for the last year.

Hi 3star......it appears that the Q bought enough Vitamix inventory to sell one to every man, woman, and child..,,,,and they will not stop until one is in every home in the U.S.A.!!!! And they may wait a long time because I won't be purchasing one.,,,,dont need or want one,,,,,You'd think they would get the hint that all the folks that wanted one, purchased one.....this item is "done"......but some how they just dont get it.....Same thing with Keurig, Dyson, and computers.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

As usual Q OVERKILL!!

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2014 stevieb said:

Potstickers...? Again...? Really, Q?

Looks like another problem weekend on Q. Not watching. Any of it.

Did enjoy what I could watch of gold day. Too bad THAT wasn't on tomorrow or Sunday. What a concept, Q...

Now, now Stevie.....potstickers are "perfect" for that Saturday night gathering or Sunday brunch.......just the thing .......And don't forget your kitty, ...Im sure he'd like one too..,,Wink

Afterall.....moms knows best ......she knows what to serve when your entertaining......or for when your looking for that quick ready meal for yourself.....Invite a few friends over to watch the Q with you......and they can also use their smart phones to tweet or facebook to the hosts too.....a divine evening.,,,{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Moms is so clever....Wink

With such dismal tv programming late night Saturday or Sunday you would think that would be the perfect time to dangle some jewelry to their 100 mill prospective customers....but what do we know....afterall .,,,,they think weekend programming is nothing but enticing computer sales or vacuuming...or getting rid of their stale kitchen inventory,,,,,,,and of course buying polyester outfits....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Valued Contributor

Now, I will admit I used to like watching the cooking shows, especially the Sunday shows. I like to cook and am a sucker for kitchen gadgets (I love Sur la Table!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}). But QVC's cooking shows have now become stale and repetitive. Keurig, Temp-tations qwap, grossly over-priced potstickers, INTKWD apron, cookbook, mug, the various snack vendors, various choppers, over-priced and unimpressive Kansas City steakburgers, Vita-mix (aka, MTAB). The only things mildly interesting are the cookbooks, which can be purchased for less $ elsewhere with free shipping. I never watch live any more, I just check online to see what aired and then watch the video if the cookbook looks interesting. I like David and he is not a shrieking high pressure host, but I wince when I see him start the happy dance{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

And, when will the tablet, computer, etc. madness end???!!!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call