New Contributor

I have received 2 of these letters from QVC Senior VP, Dan McDermott over the years: "I recently reviewed your account and noticed that your returns activity is unusually high. About 98% of our customers return less than 40% of their total purchases each year. By contrast, between December 2009 and November 2010, you returned 43% of your total purchases. At QVC, we want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase. That's why we offer a 30-day return policy. However, with that said, I need to request again that you please consider your purchases more carefully to reduce your number of returns." Dan goes on to give me tips about making "better purchasing decisions" such as "View the on-air presentations or online videos" (I do). Read Customer Reviews and Ratings on QVC.com (I do.) "Refer to sizing charts." (I also read the garment measurements). "Review colors and pictures to help you decide if the product is right for you." (DUH!) Dan's tips do not account for inconsistant sizing or shipment of incorrect, damaged, defective, or pre-owned merchandise. Nowhere does he threaten to close my account, but I have read that other Q members have had their accounts closed. How many letters will you get before they shut you down? Do they calculate based on number of items ordered vs. number of items returned? Or is it dollar amount ordered vs. dollar amount returned?