Occasional Contributor

I have been a Philosophy fan for years with my favorites Amazing, Inner and Unconditional Grace fragrances and of course the 3 for $33. Since the company was sold, the products are very inferior. I purchase the AG 4 piece parfum set (not the TSV) and was so delighted to receive it that I used it immediately. The whipped body crème was so silky that I could not wait to have the fragrance linger but unfortunately, it did not. Before I could go bed, the scent was gone. I thought it was a fluke, so the next day, did it again along with the parfum and off to work... and within a few hours, the fragrance was done and did not even linger on my clothes. In the past, my laundry basket was a potpourri of philosophy scent but not anymore. I am sure the vendor and the hostesses are very well aware of this problem but they have to keep pushing the product to us, the consumer but this consumer is finished...goodbye Philosophy and I wish you the very best.

Super Contributor

Very interesting. I have used Philosophy for years and will continue to but I don't smell the AG or PG after a shower and the body lotion either. I thought it was my nose which isn't the best at smells but I must agree with you that the scents do not seem to linger as long as in the good old days.

Bookbabe

Regular Contributor

I only have the Pure and Amazing grace. Its is so true the scents are definitely not the same as before. I have to spray myself literally about 8 times and I use the lotion but there is something completely different than when I use to buy it when Cristina Carlino was still with Philosophy.

Respected Contributor
I thought my PG scent faded after an hour. But one day, I made my way through a mobbed airport, spent 6 hours on a plane, waded through another mobbed airport, sat in a car for an hour. Then I walked by my sister in law and she asked "what is that scent you're wearing?....so fresh and clean!"
Super Contributor
I feel the same. Gave Amazing Grace one more try, and wasted 56.00. Hardly any smell and then gone.
Regular Contributor

I've also noticed the texture of the lotion is different. It's thicker somehow, in a bad way, which makes it "glop" out of the bottle in larger clumps. It clings to the sides of the bottle, which is why I know it's not my imagination as I can visually see the difference compared to how it used to lay evenly across like a fluid. I find that I use the large bottle of AG firming emulsion/lotion much faster than I used to. Is this a $$ calculated move on their part??

Honored Contributor
On 4/11/2015 RachB said: I thought my PG scent faded after an hour. But one day, I made my way through a mobbed airport, spent 6 hours on a plane, waded through another mobbed airport, sat in a car for an hour. Then I walked by my sister in law and she asked "what is that scent you're wearing?....so fresh and clean!"

This is exactly what happened to me the other day! I was checking out in a store and the cashier told me how lovely I smelled. This was about 4 hours after I had applied my pure grace EDP; I hadn't been able to smell it after about the first hour. At that point all I could smell was the fast-food joint next door, and that's what I told her she must be smelling. She adamantly disagreed and said it was definitely me. Then I sort of worried that it was overpowering and said so. She said no, that the fragrance was wonderful, soft and clean. Go figure.

Honored Contributor

I also wasn't smelling AG on me after an hour, but while I was grocery shopping a woman asked me what I was wearing that she loved the scent. I guess even though we are smelling it others can. That makes me feel a little better.

Honored Contributor

The only philosophy product I still buy is pure grace spritz. I can't smell it on myself, but others detect a scent. They think it's my laundry detergent or fabric softener, but they do smell it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I guess it all depends on who's doing the smelling. The other day I had just applied my pure grace after showering when shortly afterward my husband walked into the bedroom and asked me what that horrible smell was.