Trusted Contributor

Desperately missing Philosophy's Pure Grace Solid Deodorant!!!

I am SOOOOOO disappointed that the solid deodorant's (both Pure and Amazing Grace) have been discontinued by Philosophy. I'm sure hoping this area isn't being dismissed altogether and that product development has something in the works to replace these items.

I was a long time user and recommended to many. Any chance they may be reintroduced in the very near future?

Honored Contributor

Re: Desperately missing Philosophy's Pure Grace Solid Deodorant!!!

I doubt it. I too loved pure grace antiperspirant and used it exclusively. I still have one that I'm nursing through to it's soon-to-be-expiration date. It was the best and most effective deodorant I've used. But apparently we are two of the few that were willing to spend $18 for one container of deodorant with little fragrance.

It's one of the many of philosophy's products they've discontinued in the last few years that I loved.

Trusted Contributor

I was actually getting the duo here on the Q for $22 when I first got introduced to it which was a steal in my opinion. Very rarely am I the victim of a discontinuance of one of my staple products.

Where will you be going from here, any suggestions? I've tried and liked (but not loved) Isomers deodry which is a completely different feel in both texture and scent.

Crazy as it sounds, I'm thinking of getting any unscented drugstore solid deodorant and spritzing my pure grace spritz or spray fragrance on top thereof - THAT's how much I liked the concept. Yeah, I know, it's more than just a little crazy....

Respected Contributor

I found some at TJ Maxx, if you want to check there. I know that doesn't solve your issue long term, but maybe you can find some and buy it all.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/30/2015 cosmic1 said:

I found some at TJ Maxx, if you want to check there. I know that doesn't solve your issue long term, but maybe you can find some and buy it all.

Was this recently that you found some at TJMaxx? I'll have to check that out.

I HAVE tried amazon and the like, finding only a couple with a price tag of $29.00 and up.

Thank you for the suggestion. If it was recently, I'll check both TJMaxx and Marshalls.

Respected Contributor

It was a few months ago, not very recently. I haven't been looking for it, so I have not noticed if they've had any more. All the TJ Maxx's are different though and yours may keep more Philosophy stock on hand. It's worth a shot.

Good luck and I hope you find it.

Trusted Contributor

You're very sweet, thank you again.

Regular Contributor

I still see AG at my local Ulta but I also miss the PG! These deodorants last forever too!

HTH

Pink

Honored Contributor

fitfuninformed: Spraying your pure grace on top of your deodorant does not sound crazy--mainly because I've been doing that for years, even using the pure grace deodorant. Just try it first to see if your underarm doesn't have a reaction to the spray. That's a pretty tender area.

I used to get the duos here at QVC also, but they've been gone from here for ages. I also saw those on Amazon and would even have considered paying that price, but they didn't tell what the expiration date was so I wasn't interested. I would imagine they must be old because I believe they haven't been manufactured in quite a few years now.

And they do last forever--and they don't fall apart half-way through, either!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you geezerette, it's nice to be validated. And yes, I will patch test my underarm area making sure there would be no reaction.

One has to be resourceful!