Contributor

Philosophy changed Pure Grace lotion again, apparently. Hate it.

I recently ordered two 32oz Pure Grace Body lotions from philosophy.com. but I'm posting here since some may not be aware of yet another change.

This batch is even worse than before (meaning the changes people have been talking about the past couple of years).

I didn't think it smelled the same, and it certainly doesn't moisturize my skin. So....

I just compared the ingredients label to label, and they are not the same, and don't smell the same, either. I threatened to quit purchasing awhile back, then caved and purchased. In denial, I guess! Have loved it when it was still good and can hardly believe what it's become.

My husband did a sniff test for me and verified...nope, not the same...not even close.

I'm calling Philosophy tomorrow to see if I can return. Darn.

Super Contributor

Re: Philosophy changed Pure Grace lotion again, apparently. Hate it.

Thanks for the heads up. It's really a shame how they've changed PG (and other scents). It was perfection the way it was, and I'm sure they sold plenty.
Contributor

Perfection...it absolutely was. I don't post much here but I read the forum. I know the topic of change etc. has been talked about it until it's all talked out, really, so I won't say much more . Just thought people might want to know it's been changed again . Or, for all I know ,maybe people are aware and I'm just now finding it out . LOL . Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

They always say you can return any "gently used" products for a refund.

Ever since Coty bought them out, it seems all the fragrance products we used to know and love have been changed for the worse.

I loved IG - they discontinued it (after swearing they weren't going to). I got a TSV with a large bottle of AG amongst other things - no way was it eau de parfum! It was so weak and nasty, it went straight back.

I have a stash of stuff that I bought before the sell-out but, when it's gone, I know I'll have to find a new line. Just another company now trying to cut their production costs and keeping their prices up to return a higher profit.

Honored Contributor

I purchased some at Ulta in January and it smells the same to me.

Contributor

I called Philosophy customer service and they are going to issue me a prepaid shipping label for return, and will give me a refund, so I am pleased with that part. Now to find a replacement. I'm going to start another thread for that question...