Esteemed Contributor

Do the Philosophy Users Really Beg for Those Large Sizes?

Or, are they just saying that?

I always feel that when they offer large sizes, they are using the cheapest of ingredients. I just don't like tubs of things sitting in my bath. Then again, I do not use core Philosophy, but I would really like to know if customers truly demand those larger sizes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do the Philosophy Users Really Beg for Those Large Sizes?

Once they started offering it as an option, people now ask for it in everything they like. They do it here and on Facebook.

Nordstrom even offers the larger sizes in their Anniversary Sale.

It certainly saved a lot on s&h at one point, but now it only saves $3.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I've never seen an inferior product in a larger size from Philosophy. I have read on here that some of the beauty TS's on HSN are not made the same.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I always wonder what the shelf life is on beauty products...seems like so many posters buy a lot of it ....or the Q. wouldn't have so many shows weekly....and I wonder how they can use up so much product in say a week...month....year...before it really needs to be thrown out....

I don't wear make-up...I heard lipstick needs to be tossed in a month or two...

Respected Contributor

Yes.

KatieB

Honored Contributor

I believe that they do. On occasion, you will see threads about it here. I don't like supersized and don't order it. I can get regular sizes on philosophy.com when they have a sale.
Regular Contributor

On several occasions, I've purchased the larger sizes only to be disappointed in the product. It never seemed as good as when I had the smaller original size I purchased. I do feel something is lost in the larger sizes. IT's a win for the company to have women buying these larger sizes at the price point. Even those who 'love' the product may grow tired of it long before it's half thru & purchase something else, but the product has been paid for. I'm also not a fan of buying the larger size serum, for example, as I don't expect it to keep its efficacy over 8 or 9 months of constant opening & closing.

Honored Contributor

I purchased an eight ounce Hope In A Jar one time, and it separated long before I had used it all. I much prefer normal size products. It has to be very cost effective for the companies to super size. This goes for all companies, not just Philosophy.
Honored Contributor

Size does matter to some women.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/22/2015 brewhaha said:

Size does matter to some women.