Honored Contributor

Was just advised by my counter sales lady

Philosophy is discontinuing many items because they will be opening up in the Asian market very soon.

The Asian market does not like any advertisement with faces/eyes/hands on bottle, boxes and so forth.

The anti-age advance eye cream has been discontinued for new formula coming out shortly for this new move into the Asian market.

Respected Contributor

Re: Was just advised by my counter sales lady

I own lots of Phil products and there aren't faces/eyes/hands on any of them (actual product container or box.) And what would it matter anyway? Companies often use different packaging for different markets.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks!
Valued Contributor

On 2/14/2015 RachB said: I own lots of Phil products and there aren't faces/eyes/hands on any of them (actual product container or box.) And what would it matter anyway? Companies often use different packaging for different markets.

viva, I agree with RachB I don't see faces, eyes, or hands on any of them. Mostly the name of the product and then a saying like on Pure Grace or the Gingerbread Man.

Super Contributor

On 2/14/2015 viva923 said:

Philosophy is discontinuing many items because they will be opening up in the Asian market very soon.

The Asian market does not like any advertisement with faces/eyes/hands on bottle, boxes and so forth.

The anti-age advance eye cream has been discontinued for new formula coming out shortly for this new move into the Asian market.

????? Please explain.

Honored Contributor

I know some of the boxes have kids on them etc. but the products don't have any people on them that I am aware of.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't they just rename items for that specific market? There isn't a need to discontinue items just because of the name.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Is it true they are going to discontinue a lot of the shower gels?

Honored Contributor

Maybe no photos because they would be caucasian, not Asian.

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 Daysdee said:

Is it true they are going to discontinue a lot of the shower gels?

I had read here sometime ago that Philosophy was going to phase out of the shower gels. (I would assume they would still have ""the Graces."") This had nothing to do with markets outside the U.S. Just curious if that is true.