Trusted Contributor

Philosophy-"Live Joyously"-Ewwwwwwwwwwww

Okay. On my way out of Macy's I had to pass by the small Philosophy section and there was a tester bottle of Live Joyously. I sprayed some on my wrist since I had wondered about this new scent. I cannot get rid of the "aroma". Drove me crazy driving home. It smells very much like another strong cologne which I cannot identify yet. Almost like a strong men's scent-I'm thinking Polo. It has 4 star reviews on Q, but I wonder how. Maybe I am just getting old. Made me think of Lisa's lines about perfume and how she couldn't tolerate it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy-""Live Joyously""-Ewwwwwwwwwwww

I think it's the absolute worst. Funny you posted this. I don't know who's buying it!

Honored Contributor

sounds like this company is trying desperately to stay as popular as they once were but without keeping the same products ......hard to do. I was a huge fan.....as they phase out the 3 in 1's that I loved, they keep adding more "perfume" scents that are awful.....even AG is not something I would give as a gift now. The skincare products I have never been able to use......so not much reason for me to do business with Philosophy anymore.

Honored Contributor

I got one of those paper samples in an order from the Q and yes it is not a great scent.

Valued Contributor

And this is the scent that is supposed to replace my Inner Grace??! Smiley Sad((((
Honored Contributor

I find it really hard to purchase any fragrance without smelling it first. I always try to spray it on me and live with it a few hours before buying it.

Occasional Contributor

This newest Philosophy scent won't appeal to all. Especially those with simple tastes and are expecting the simple, typically soft Philosophy scents. Live Joyously has personality and it is not a subtle fragrance. It's certainly more sophisticated and complex than any other Philosophy scent. There's been some discussion on other threads that it smells like Inner Grace, and while I do see the similarities, they are very different. Inner Grace = Green Notes, Freesia, Amber and Musk. Live Joyously = Tangerine, Peony, Freesia and Patchouli. Both are earthy and floral. If you liked Inner Grace you will probably enjoy it, but don't expect it to be exactly like Inner Grace, you'll be disappointed. And for all those Philosophy fans that think that the scents don't last like they used too…….this one lasts, and lasts, and lasts. But try it and judge for yourselves rather than taking my, or kjae's very negative, opinion for it {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

Funny how we are all different. I LOVE this scent. To my nose it is a ""fruity"" Amazing Grace.

Frequent Contributor

I was in Ulta the other day and sprayed on the Live Joyously. It reminded me of cheap drug store fragrance. I couldn't believe this would be a Philosophy fragrance. And then it wouldn't disappear. With most of the other Philosophy fragrances, the scent disappears within an hour.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Cardamom said: And this is the scent that is supposed to replace my Inner Grace??! Smiley Sad((((

I agree-- I think it is their worst!