Contributor

Is There Anything Comparable To Vanilla Cream Topping

Hope someone with knowledge about Philosophy scents, could help me find something currently in the product line.

I usually purchase in larger sizes, so I dislike it when I order a 16oz or 32oz and don't care for the scent. So, what I am asking before I make an expensive mistake, is what current scent is very close to the vanilla cream topping body lotion.

Thanks in advance to all who take the time to respond.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is There Anything Comparable To Vanilla Cream Topping

I have not had the Vanilla Cream Topping body lotion, but the Sweet Creamy Frosting lotion is on the Philosophy.com outlet. You can contact Philosophy directly at 1-800-love-151 to ask if they have a similiar scented lotion, and ask about the Sweet Creamy Frosting. Good luck.
Contributor

Thanks Tissyanne for the great info. Will hunt and purchase Sweet Creamy Frosting and give it a try.

Appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide the information. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I only see Sugary Cinnamon Icing body lotion at Philosophy's Outlet, and it's a good scent, but it's a richly sugary sweet scent, which might be different from Vanilla Cream Topping? I haven't tried Vanilla Cream Topping, but I'm wondering if it is more similar to Fresh Cream? Fresh Cream body lotion is also available at the Philosophy site, as well as Sephora, Ulta, etc. Unfortunately, not everything listed under Philosophy's Outlet is marked down in price, and Sugary Cinnamon Icing is the same $17 price as Fresh Cream lotion. If you are interested in the Fresh Cream lotion, Von Maur offers free shipping on every order/no minimum (just like Nordstrom's free shipping). That might save you a bit on total cost. If you do decide to go with Sugary Cinnamon Icing, it is yummy! :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

I've worn all four lotions (Vanilla Cream Topping, Sweet Creamy Frosting, Sugary Cinnamon Icing and Fresh Cream). I always found Sweet Creamy Frosting and Sugary Cinnamon Icing to be very sweet and sugary smelling, like a dessert {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}, whereas the other two to be more of a vanilla scent (in a non-foodie/dessert type of way).

Just my opinion, but I'd say the closest match would be the current incarnation of the Fresh Cream lotion. Fresh Cream and Vanilla Cream Topping both are more 'vanilla' than 'foodie or dessert'.

By the way, check into TJ Maxx and Marshalls whenever you can ... they tend to have these oldies but goodies show up regularly. Good luck!