Regular Contributor

New Year, New Philosophy price increases.............:-(

Just noticed on the philosophy site that most if not all products (skin care, fragrance and even shower gels) have another increase in prices yet again.

Seems they are raising them a lot more often now as compared to years past.

Still love the brand but not the continual price increases. I have not been so thrilled overall since the Coty takeover and new stuff since then but I still like some of the core items that Cristina developed.

Happy New Year everyone!

Pink

Respected Contributor

Re: New Year, New Philosophy price increases.............:-(

The little gift package of hand creams was $2.00 more this holiday season over 2013. I still have the package with price on it from Sephora.

Trusted Contributor

Wow. Love the brand but not the new price increase. This will make it easier for me to use up my stash.

I understood the first price increase as the price had held steady at $16 as far back as I remember. But this one is too soon after the last increase.

Will it make me stop using Philosophy products no. Will it make me buy less for myself and family and friends yes.

Thanks for the information Pink! Happy New Year to you too!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

I never buy from Philosophy without a sale , or discount codes. The new skincare though is often excluded. It is rare when I purchase Philosophy from QVC. I did buy the Coconut Snowballs set and am loving it. I have a set on waitlist too. It seems there are so many price increases now, except gas.
Honored Contributor

Happy New Year, Pink.
Honored Contributor

Too bad they raised their prices but I rarely purchase unless I have a coupon code or gift card. Happy New Year everyone!

Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2015 colliemom3 said:

Too bad they raised their prices but I rarely purchase unless I have a coupon code or gift card. Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year colliemom3.
Valued Contributor

WOw! Thanks for pointing this out. I was reading on this site once, and someone suggested Belk.com on Black Friday. I stocked up on a lot of Philosophy. They had the 3:1 shower gels for $10- 16 ounce.

I love Coconut frosting. Silent Night, White Ginger, Almond Glazed...they all smell so good! I am set for a while.

Honored Contributor

Shower gels now up to $18.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/1/2015 Shelbelle said:

Shower gels now up to $18.

Whoa! Increases my resolve to buy what I can at Marshall's or TJ. May not get exactly what I want but I'll make do.