Super Contributor

Do you use Pure Grace spray fragrance and does the scent last? I've been reading reviews and so many say the fragrance does not last long. Would you buy it again?

Honored Contributor

It used to last just fine, but starting maybe 3 years ago (4?) it doesn't last 10 minutes on me. Was my favorite fragrance. Now I din't waste the $$ as it vanishes almost instantly on me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/18/2014 moonchilde said:

It used to last just fine, but starting maybe 3 years ago (4?) it doesn't last 10 minutes on me. Was my favorite fragrance. Now I din't waste the $$ as it vanishes almost instantly on me.

I was just about to say the same thing. It used to be my absolute favorite, so I was sad when they changed it.

I called CS about this a few years ago, and was told that it's a light fragrance. I said that I know that, but I always used to get compliments about it all day long, and the new formulation wasn't even lasting the 30 minutes it took me to get to work. It wasn't that I couldn't smell it on myself - I asked co-workers, and no one could detect it at all.

The rep said, "Well, light fragrances aren't supposed to last".

So apparently this perfectly lovely fragrance that used to last for a long time suddenly was disappearing in less than 1/2 hour, and that was fine with them. Money down the drain, IMO, and I completely lost respect for Philosophy as a brand.

Kiss

Respected Contributor

I just purchased amazing grace and the shower gel and the lotion have no scent and the spray has a little scent.I will be sending it back. Very disappointed.

Respected Contributor

It may have to do with body chemistry because PG is my signature fragrance and I get compliments all the time - sometimes from random people in the store or getting off the elevator.

Last week I had a doctor's appointment at 11 am. I took a shower early in the morning and applied the PG body lotion as I do every day. Then I spritzed the edp and went about my day. When I went up to the counter in the doctor's office, the receptionist said, "Oh, you smell so good!". So, on me it does last but I layer. Shower gel, body lotion and a spritz of edp.

I tend to stick to this as my HG. Dabble with different fragrances but always go back to this one.

P. S. I got a sample of Tom Ford's Velvet Orchid (totally on the other end of the spectrum fragrance-wise) and am going to try it out on Christmas Day. Smile

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I had a coworker that put on PG lotion in the early morning, and I could smell it when I would go in her office to say good night at the end of the day. She did not use the spray, just the lotion. It always smelled so good, I had to purchase for myself. I think I get more fragrance from the lotion, as well.

Trusted Contributor

I almost ordered a set with the shower gel and body lotion when philosophy had the 40% off sale yesterday, but then I thought better of it. Just too many disappointments with philosophy this past year. The scents just aren't what they used to be.

Honored Contributor

FYI, Clean Ultimate is a good dupe for Pure Grace.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Pure Grace EDP (atop gel and lotion) and I can smell it into the next day, and on my clothes. People often comment that they like my fragrance. I spray it on pulse points and into the air and stand under the mist.

Lately I've been using Snow Angel, too. I spritz my palms and run it through my hair. Works for me. I'll buy some Pure Grace spritz, too, I'm certain. Great to have in the powder room on the main level for a quick pick-me-up before I have to go somewhere.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

It may indeed be people's body chemistry in some respect, but not when you had been wearing it for a couple of years and it lasted for hours, then suddenly with a new bottle it didn't last an hour - with many similar complaints of long-time wearers. I too layered with body lotion, but that made little difference. Just makes me very sad, because I loved it and got compliments when I wore it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all