Honored Contributor

Has anyone purchased this yet? If so can you tell me if it's the same scent as Philosophy's Coconut Vanilla scent that's been out for the past few years? TIA!

Respected Contributor

I don't know what coconut vanilla smells like, but the Coconut Snowballs is delicious!!!! It is a very strong coconut smell, I love it so much I ordered two sets for myself. Have you ever had a Hostess Snowball cupcake, they used to come two in a pack and were either white or pink? Well, it smells exactly like those cupcakes. This and the Eggnog scent are my two favorites for the winter.

Honored Contributor
I contacted Philosophy by phone recently about the scent. I was told it is not a remake of Coconut Vanilla. She told me it is more Coconut. One of the reviews says the Coconut Macaroon if you ever had that. I have not personally smelled this. Colliemom3, did you catch my post to you about the White Ginger?
Honored Contributor
On 12/5/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I don't know what coconut vanilla smells like, but the Coconut Snowballs is delicious!!!! It is a very strong coconut smell, I love it so much I ordered two sets for myself. Have you ever had a Hostess Snowball cupcake, they used to come two in a pack and were either white or pink? Well, it smells exactly like those cupcakes. This and the Eggnog scent are my two favorites for the winter.

Thanks loveour4leggedfriends. It sounds really good. I did order it. If I don't like it then I can always send it back. I didn't care too much for another coconut one that was offered, which to me, had a perfume note to it. I wanted just coconut. Eggnog is one of my favorites too. In fact I have some in my shower now! I appreciate your post and am glad you are enjoying the Coconut Snowballs so much.

Honored Contributor
On 12/5/2014 Tissyanne said: I contacted Philosophy by phone recently about the scent. I was told it is not a remake of Coconut Vanilla. She told me it is more Coconut. One of the reviews says the Coconut Macaroon if you ever had that. I have not personally smelled this. Colliemom3, did you catch my post to you about the White Ginger?

Hi Tissyanne. How are you doing? Sorry I didn't see your other post. I haven't smelled Coconut Macaroon either but I wish I had a real coconut macaroon cookie lol. That sounds so good. Seriously though I've seen the CM scent in stores but there was never a tester. The one I saw was sold in a box with another scent. I did order the one from QVC. Hopefully I'll like it. I've been very curious about this one. I'll let you know what I think of it.

I do like the White Ginger. Have you received it yet? I love my bakery scents but it's something different. It reminds me of a sparkling drink of some sort and 7up maybe. I can't put my finger on it but it's not Gingerbread Girl and it's creamy which is what I want. My skin is dry and I need that type of formulation. It's funny because I started out loving Gingerbread Girl then started not being able to tolerate the smell of it any longer. I assume it's been discontinued? How is your kitty doing? Are you ready for the holidays? Hopefully you'll see my post and we'll catch each other. Take care and thank you for responding to my post.

Honored Contributor
Hi colliemom3, I am tempted to order the Coconut Snowballs too! Please review it when you receive it. I have not received my White Ginger yet. I am anxious to try it. It sounds like something I will like. We both had the same experience with GBG. I even had the lotion, and liked it, but one day it hit me that the scent was like Lemon Pledge. I finally got rid of it, because I could not wear it anymore. My kitty is 15 years old now, and she has kidney disease. I have been taking her to the vet, and he is prescribing some medicine that has helped her. She has to be given fluids each week, and it makes her feel better. I am not ready for the holidays, because we just had a wood laminate floor put in our living area this week. We did some painting also, and my house is in disaray! Not sure if that is spelled correct. I cannot remember if I have told you that my daddy passed away in August. It was very sudden, as he fell at home and developed a subdural hematoma. He died that evening at home. It has been very sad for me, and my mom is alone now. I am the only child here, as my brother lives out of state. I hope you and your family are well, and that you enjoy the holidays.
Honored Contributor
On 12/5/2014 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I remember eating those snowball cupcakes in pink. I was in first grade!! They are/were and forever are wonderful. I will have to order this set.
Honored Contributor

Hi again Tissyanne. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I know how you feel because I've experienced that same feeling of loss myself and the holidays are never the same once you lose a parent. Life can be so difficult and so sad at times. Again, please accept my deepest condolences.

I'm glad kitty is stable. It's so sad when our pets are ill and to have to see them suffer, but I'm glad your cat is being helped some.

Super Contributor
Hi Tissyanne! I saw your brief review on the item page .... Would you mind telling us a bit more about the scent? You said you don't pick up any perfume notes (thank goodness!) but would you call this a dessert or summery type of coconut? I have Coconut Frosting shower gel but there is no "frosting" in it, just plain coconut ... making it very summery to me. I would love more of a "dessert" coconut!
Super Contributor
p.s. I see it is on waitlist now but am still considering it LOL!