Not applicable
I would love for philosophy to come out with a dog shampoo that is tear free, like the regular philosophy facial cleanser, which is tear free, that I use. Is it possible to use the regular philosophy on my pet? My pet, as well as many other people's pets, have skin issues as well. Philosophy seems the perfect company to take this on Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I would not use Philosophy on your pet. Pets require a specific pH in their shampoo, which pet shampoos have but not shampoos for people. Try Vellus shampoo for pets. vellus dot com is their website.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I just bathed my three dogs yesterday in Snowman! They all smell so good and their coats are shiny!

My dogs thankfully do not have allergies or skin issues so it works great.

I don't bathe them all the time so it works for me and they smell so nice!

Honored Contributor

WEN had a pet shampoo on the other day but I wondered how many pumps it took to clean that horse they were showing.

Honored Contributor
On 12/7/2014 AuntG said:

WEN had a pet shampoo on the other day but I wondered how many pumps it took to clean that horse they were showing.

Chaz never says that his pet shampoo is at the proper pH for pets. It makes me think it's just his regular shampoo in a container marked ""pets.""

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Whenever I couldn't make it to the groomers for my two shih-tzus, I would always give them a bath in between their visits with whatever philosophy shower gel was on hand. I would just avoid their eye area with the soap and instead use a warm, wet wash cloth to gently wipe their faces clean. Their skin and hair were fine--no irritation whatsoever--and their hair felt nice and soft after blow drying and brushing.

Respected Contributor
On 12/5/2014 NickNack said:

I would not use Philosophy on your pet. Pets require a specific pH in their shampoo, which pet shampoos have but not shampoos for people. Try Vellus shampoo for pets. vellus dot com is their website.

Also, certain ingredients in any human shampoo/bath product could be toxic to an animal if ingested while they groom themselves.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥