Regular Contributor

Old AG versus new (lotion and fragrance) Please Help

OK, I have seen the discussions about the formula changing and Coty taking over, etc. I checked my bottles and it appears that the AG spray I have is the old one and the lotion I love so much is the Coty one! For all you philosophy exerts out there, can anyone tell me if the new spray fragrance from Coty smells similar to the new coty lotion because I can't get enough of the lotion smell. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Contributor

Re: Old AG versus new (lotion and fragrance) Please Help

Hi Pepper. I have the AG new and old formula's in the spray fragrance and the EDP spray. To me, the new EDP that Coty makes is better than the old from Philosophy. Quite frankly, I thought the Philosophy old formula smelled like urine. The new AG lotion to me is just as strong as the older one but I believe I liked the AG lotion and shower gel before Coty bought the company. I have the AG olive oil scrub and I think they also smelled better when they were first introduced by Christina. Maybe it's just me but I think as we age our nose changes on smells. I know I am sensitive to some of the the stronger fragrances now. As to your question, yes, the AG EDP fragrance is like the lotion now.

Regular Contributor

Thanks legacycowgirl! I really appreciate the info.

Super Contributor

I started using AG 10 years ago. When I showered with the 3 in 1 scent, it wafted through the entire upstairs and had great staying power. I use to get so many compliments on how good I smelled. Since it was bought out by Coty, it no longer has a scent when you are in the shower!

I just wrote a scathing review on the new bar soap they just brought out. It doesn't even smell like soap, let alone Amazing Grace! I feel sorry for all the new people to the line, they have no idea how great this was before Coty got a hold of it!