Regular Contributor

If Hope in a Tube caused milia for me, will When Hope Is Not Enough Serum do the same?

I only used HIAT under my eye area and got milia. I just bought some WHINE and am planning to use it all over my face. I am concerned, though, as I don't want to develop more milia (should have thought of this before I ordered it, I know!).

Do you think I can use the serum all over, even under my eyes? Do you think it will cause milia anywhere on my face, or has it for anyone else?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

ophelia

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If Hope in a Tube caused milia for me, will When Hope Is Not Enough Serum do the same?

IMO, no it will not. I've never heard of any complaints like that about WHINE, while I have heard many, including my own, about HIAT.

IMO, HIAT is just too thick.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

Re: If Hope in a Tube caused milia for me, will When Hope Is Not Enough Serum do the same?

Thanks, betteb!! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Your welcome

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I am prone to milia and hope in a jar caused me to have lots of it the day after I first used it; my derm said to avoid anything called a serum to avoid milia . My advice would be not to try the WHINE.

I can't use any of Philosophy's skincare line but do enjoy their 3-in-1s

Super Contributor

I have used WHINE serum for several years and NEVER had a problem with milia. I'm 50 with normal-oily skin (oily in T-zone). I use WHINE twice a day on my face -- including the eye area -- and neck. The serum absorbs quickly and isn't sticky. I buy the 4 oz. bottle from QVC and am on auto-delivery.

I mix in the WHINE serum a scoop of Philosophy's Turbo Booster Vitamin C Powder in the a.m. and apply to my face and neck.

Regular Contributor

lovesrecess,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Did your milia clear up eventually, or did you have to do something else?

I don't think I can completely avoid a serum as I'm in my mid-30s and haven't used one yet. I think it's important that I start using one.

Maybe WHINE isn't my best choice... though others seem to be okay with it. I guess everyone's skin is different. I am just looking to hear about some of these experiences. I don't think I will know for sure, though, until I try it myself. I do like Purity and Hope in a Jar. My skin is okay with both of those.

ophelia

Honored Contributor

ophelia, I'd recommend doing some research on credible sites about milia and what causes them. There is a lot of misinformation on the subject. For example, they are not clogged pores. They're actually formed at the base of a hair follicle or sweat gland. They don't form overnight or immediately in response to some topical product.

Some of the main causes are any kind of burn or blistering to the skin, chronic sun damage, overuse of steroid creams, and burns.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I used Philosophy years ago and never experienced milia. However, I discontinued Philosophy when the Miracle line caused severe burning and irritation. I then switched to Olay Regenerist. Loved the line but had to discontinue when it caused milia that took me months and months and months to get rid of. Now I use Dr D and don't have either problem so I'm sticking with it.

Honored Contributor

Probably not, HIAT is petroleum and mineral oil based, nothing like this in WHINE, I use and love WHINE, but the ingredients in HIAT are a huge turn off to me.