Super Contributor

Anyone try the Coconut Snowballs duo yet?

I saw Item #A259954 Philosophy Coconut Snowballs Duo (shower gel & lotion) and I'm wondering what it smells like!

There are no reviews on it yet, just one question posted on the item page. Like the person who posted the question, I am also curious if the Coconut Snowballs scent is a remake of their Vanilla Coconut, Coconut Macaroon or Coconut Frosting.

Has anyone ordered it yet? Would love to hear some reviews and comparisons to describe the scent!

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone try the Coconut Snowballs duo yet?

I talked to Vicki at Philosophy, and she assures me that it is not a remake. She said the Coconut Snowballs is all coconut, and she likes it much better. I told her we were wondering about it over here. She knew it was available on QVC, and seemed very familiar about it.
Contributor

It is the main new one that I really want to try as I absolutely love coconut. I did try enlarging the recipe on the front and shows mostly coconut with a tad of vanilla and butter but it's not the same recipe that is on the vanilla coconut. Have had it in my cart several times but was hoping to read some reviews before I buy. So tempted though by this one...

Super Contributor

On 10/31/2014 Tissyanne said: I talked to Vicki at Philosophy, and she assures me that it is not a remake. She said the Coconut Snowballs is all coconut, and she likes it much better. I told her we were wondering about it over here. She knew it was available on QVC, and seemed very familiar about it.

Thank you for your investigative work! Now I am REALLY excited about this new scent. What to do ... what to do ... to order or to wait? Okay, someone order it pronto so we can end this suspense hahaa!

Frequent Contributor

Is this only available on qvc?
Honored Contributor

On 11/1/2014 susanks1 said: Is this only available on qvc?

So far I think so. I'm curious about this one too.

Respected Contributor

I missed all of the Philosophy shows, but late Monday I watched the video on QVC for the presentation for Coconut Snowballs, and Dara Lynn was presenting (I can't remember which QVC host she was with). Dara described the scent of Coconut Snowballs as: "coconut milk, vanilla icing, a little drizzle of caramel, spun sugar, vanilla orchid, and whipped musk."

The video that's uploaded now is with Mari Lyn Meier and Shawn. Mari Lyn really didn't describe the scent, other than saying it reminded her of the Hostess Pink Snowball Cupcakes. Shawn described it as "island-arctic." :-)

The musk in Dara's description was kind of a deal breaker for me. Did anyone see any other presentations for Coconut Snowballs, and remember how it was described?

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 i like celery said:

I missed all of the Philosophy shows, but late Monday I watched the video on QVC for the presentation for Coconut Snowballs, and Dara Lynn was presenting (I can't remember which QVC host she was with). Dara described the scent of Coconut Snowballs as: "coconut milk, vanilla icing, a little drizzle of caramel, spun sugar, vanilla orchid, and whipped musk."

The video that's uploaded now is with Mari Lyn Meier and Shawn. Mari Lyn really didn't describe the scent, other than saying it reminded her of the Hostess Pink Snowball Cupcakes. Shawn described it as "island-arctic." :-)

The musk in Dara's description was kind of a deal breaker for me. Did anyone see any other presentations for Coconut Snowballs, and remember how it was described?

I watched both presentations and was also unhappy when I was watching the first presentation and heard Dara say "whipped musk". I was truly hoping this would be a bakery scent like a coconut macaroon or something like that. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

During that same segment, I listened when Dara talked about the vanilla aspect of Coconut Snowballs ... she mentioned how customers request more products with coconut and vanilla, and then stated near the end of the presentation, "Coconut Vanilla lovers unite!"

So yeah, that really has me thinking this coconut is more of a perfume type of scent (like the previous Coconut Vanilla shower gel and lotion), which is definitely not what I would like.

But here's what threw me off: in the same presentation with Dara, the host (Pat, I believe?) talked about smelling toasted coconut. And in the second presentation with Mari Lyn and Shawn, Shawn started off talking about how it smelled buttery.

So in the end, I am totally confused LOL. Is it going to be another reincarnation of the previous Coconut Vanilla, or is it a combination of the previous version, along with a touch of bakery (buttery and toasted coconut)?

I sure hope someone tries it soon and lets us know, hahaa!

Honored Contributor

I bought this for a friend for Christmas. She likes coconut so I figured she'd like this duo.

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 cal-gal said:
On 11/5/2014 i like celery said: <p style="font-size: 12.7272720336914px;">I missed all of the Philosophy shows, but late Monday I watched the video on QVC for the presentation for Coconut Snowballs, and Dara Lynn was presenting (I can't remember which QVC host she was with). Dara described the scent of Coconut Snowballs as: <em>"coconut milk, vanilla icing, a little drizzle of caramel, spun sugar, vanilla orchid, and whipped musk.</em>"

<p style="font-size: 12.7272720336914px;">The video that's uploaded now is with Mari Lyn Meier and Shawn. Mari Lyn really didn't describe the scent, other than saying it reminded her of the Hostess Pink Snowball Cupcakes. Shawn described it as "island-arctic." :-)

<p style="font-size: 12.7272720336914px;">The musk in Dara's description was kind of a deal breaker for me. Did anyone see any other presentations for Coconut Snowballs, and remember how it was described?

I watched both presentations and was also unhappy when I was watching the first presentation and heard Dara say "whipped musk". I was truly hoping this would be a bakery scent like a coconut macaroon or something like that. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

During that same segment, I listened when Dara talked about the vanilla aspect of Coconut Snowballs ... she mentioned how customers request more products with coconut and vanilla, and then stated near the end of the presentation, "Coconut Vanilla lovers unite!"

So yeah, that really has me thinking this coconut is more of a perfume type of scent (like the previous Coconut Vanilla shower gel and lotion), which is definitely not what I would like.

But here's what threw me off: in the same presentation with Dara, the host (Pat, I believe?) talked about smelling toasted coconut. And in the second presentation with Mari Lyn and Shawn, Shawn started off talking about how it smelled buttery.

So in the end, I am totally confused LOL. Is it going to be another reincarnation of the previous Coconut Vanilla, or is it a combination of the previous version, along with a touch of bakery (buttery and toasted coconut)?

I sure hope someone tries it soon and lets us know, hahaa!

Oh, yes, that's right - it was Pat who was with Dara in the video I watched. Maybe the buttery note Shawn detected was the caramel and sugar that Dara mentioned ("coconut milk, vanilla icing, a little drizzle of caramel, spun sugar, vanilla orchid, and whipped musk"). I just thought it was odd when Shawn described it as "island-arctic," and then said, "coconut is island and snowballs is arctic." :-)

I, too, recall Dara mentioned how customers were requesting more Vanilla Coconut, and after hearing her mention musk as one of the notes in Coconut Snowballs, I was thinking this may probably be the same scent, but renamed. I'm going to have to wait for a review from someone who ordered!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥