Super Contributor

Current sightings at TJ Maxx

They had a fairly decent selection today, with multiples of everything. Was fun to browse but I didn't get anything today. Now, if they would have had Butter Rum Cake, I would have been all over it LOL!

Here is what they had ....

Giving Grace Spray Fragrance 4oz $29.99

Living Grace Spray Fragrance 4oz $29.99

Summer Grace Spray Fragrance 4oz $29.99

Honey Buns 8oz duo (shower gel/lotion) $19.99

"Sweet As Sugar" 8oz shower gel duo (Pistachio Cherry Macaroon & Black Current Macaroon) $16.99

Spiced Gingerbread Hand Wash 16oz $5.99 (I had to do a double take but it really was $5.99!)

Twirl On Top 3pc set of 6oz shower gels (Pumpkin Twirl, Cranberry Twirl, Cinnamon Twirl) $19.99

Lots of the little "Ornament" gift boxed 1oz shower gels (Gingerbread Man, etc.) $4.99

The Gingerbread Man body scrub (full sized tub) $16.99

16oz shower gels in Cherry Pinwheel Cookie, Salted Hot Cocoa, Frosted Hazelnut Biscotti, 16th Anniversary labeled Cinnamon Buns

The odd one out for what I expected to see at this time of the year was a Valentines themed set - "My Heart to Yours" (Sweet citrus vanilla)

Anyone seen anything else out there at TJ Maxx or Marshalls, or even Nordstrom Rack? Please report in!

Honored Contributor

Re: Current sightings at TJ Maxx

My Marshalls/TJ Maxx hasn't had Philosophy in ages. They used to have tons of it. Very rarely I will see a bottle of shower gel in a flavor (the clear ones as opposed to the creamy ones).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

My TJ Maxx had living grace and summer grace. there were several assorted shower gels also.

I also saw some Ole Henriksen kits.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I've seen at TJ's is the Valentines set and Sweet As Sugar and someone had thrown those by the cash register. Maybe they were going to purchase them and got tired of waiting in line lol.

I bought a couple of the Butter Rum Cakes at Marshalls this summer and it's awesome!

Nordstroms Rack doesn't have a lot now, but they always have Sweet Fluffy Cupcake and some sort of Raspberry uber. Surely they will get some new items in before Christmas?

I'm sorry you couldn't find the individual Popcorn toppings at your stores but you just never know when they will pop up.

The Gingerbread hand soap would be something I'd like to have. I'll keep checking for that one.

Thanks for the post.

Super Contributor

Every time I want to buy this product , it is always open. The foil top is always pulled back! Every time,!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the report, cal-gal! Sounds like time for a TJ Maxx run. My store was pretty well stocked with philosophy for the holidays last year.

Super Contributor

I thank you, too. Good reporting!

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 GinzTonic said: Every time I want to buy this product , it is always open. The foil top is always pulled back! Every time,!

I have sent 2 emails to TJMaxx through their website asking them to shrink wrap or do something to keep people from opening the beauty products. Every single product is opened so people can smell it and, worse, stick their fingers in the thing.

Both times they responded to my email that they would forward my suggestion.

I recommend anyone who is frustrated by this email TJ Maxx, too.

Maybe they will take the time to do this.

BTW, I was at Red Door last night and my manicurist and I were talking about this exact same thing. We were also talking about the Red Door products we see there and she said she looks for the expiration sticker and they removed it. She said she can tell by the smell that it's expired because the smell dissipates quickly on these products. She said she can tell when she opens a new bottle when it's fresh and when it's not.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Hi and thanks cal-gal! Haven't been to TJ's in ages. Been to Nordrstom Rack quite a bit and their Philosophy choices have really dwindled. For the longest time they had a large selection of the same 24oz bottles along with a smattering of other things. Now they are down to a handful of 24oz and haven't done a lot of replenishing. I recently picked up a 6oz Pumpkin Twirl for just under $7. It's ok -- definitely not as good as the Pumpkin one I last had a couple of years ago. Would probably like the Pumpkin Icing better (only saw that on the Q in that set of 16z with Crispy Marshmallow Bars and a Cider Apple I think?) but I'd rather have 6oz than 16oz. Miss those 3 for $15 bottles at Nordstroms.

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 GinzTonic said: Every time I want to buy this product , it is always open. The foil top is always pulled back! Every time,!

I have the same problem at the TJMaxx here.....I never know how many fingers have been dipped into the bottles.....they hardly ever have anything anymore so I stopped looking there. Nordstrom Rack usually has a few of the 16 oz. 3 in 1 shower gels....I bought 2 French Vanilla Bean; they were $6.99 each.....they had lots of Valentine-themed items and I don't think they sell very well since I see them there a lot throughout the year.