Super Contributor

Vanilla Brown Sugar Duo - Review

I picked up the Vanilla Brown Sugar Duo at Nordstrom. The set has an 8oz shower gel and a 6oz salt body scrub. There was no tester when I bought but it sounded good so I had to try it.

I'll be honest that I wasn't sure I liked it when I first opened it up to see what it smelled like. But I took it in the shower the next day, and once I used it, I actually enjoyed it. And the more I've used it, the more it grows on me!

It does have a subtlety to it - it's not very strongly scented. But while it's not really strong, the scent does continue to linger on my skin for quite awhile.

The brown sugar is there ... it has a really nice depth and richness to it, without it being sugary candy sweet. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Oh, one other thing I thought was neat ... the scrub seems to have a nice moisturizing ingredient to it, because after I scrubbed with it, my skin literally felt as if I'd applied a nice hydrating body oil!

Honored Contributor

Re: Vanilla Brown Sugar Duo - Review

Sounds very good. I have not bought anything new in the Philosophy line for a while, but these sure are tempting.
Super Contributor

Thanks for posting Tissyanne! It's nice to hear from you. So I have to mention, that after writing this review, I had to go wash my hands with the vanilla brown sugar shower gel just to get a nice whiff of the scent again LOL. Well, it has been about three hours and I still smell it on my hands! Yay, that is some good stuff!
Honored Contributor

cal-gal, nice to hear from you too! I am glad to hear the new sets are good. Vanilla Brown Sugar sounds wonderful. Philosophy has gone all out for us this season.
Super Contributor

Is it similar to B&BW warm vanilla sugar?

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 Ladybug837 said:

Hello Ladybug837,

I have not used the B&BW warm vanilla sugar before, so I am not sure!

I will actually be going into B&BW this week though, since I really do love their 3-wick candles, and they just got in a new selection of holiday candles I want to check out. So when I go, I will see if I can find this product and take a whiff of it!

Contributor

On 10/21/2014 Ladybug837 said:

I think it is vaguely reminiSCENT (get it?) in its warmth, but it is a far less sweet smell than WVS. More of a fragrance than a flavor on this one.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that the Vanilla Brown Sugar scrub is a salt scrub instead of just being brown sugar. My Fresh Brown Sugar scrubs are amazing.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the review, cal-gal. I don't use a ton of Philosophy products anymore, but I still enjoy their 3-in-1s and the scrubs.