Super Contributor

Philosophy Holiday Spice Rack Trio - Review

The Holiday Spice Rack Trio is another fun holiday set I picked up during the recent promo ... The three 6oz shower gels are: Spiced Cinnamon Stick, Creamy Cardamom and Vanilla Bean Nutmeg. I'm glad I took a chance on this set!

I am really loving the Creamy Cardamom scent - think delicate tones of cardamom like you'd have in a good quality Indian chai tea, balanced very pleasantly with the perfect amount of creamy notes. You really have to try this one in person! Overall, it's not an overpowering scent, yet the scent is definitely there and lingers for quite awhile.

Spiced Cinnamon Stick was a nice surprise for me, as I am usually apprehensive, and honestly sometimes scared of cinnamon scented products{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. It has a cinnamon scent as you would expect, but it's not an in-your-face scary potpourri kind of scent like some products can have. Instead, I pick up various subtle spice notes, and swear I smell some delicious apple cider in there too! But again, the spice is well balanced with a nice sweetness making this one of the best cinnamon themed products I've come across in quite awhile. It starts with the spice scents, but finishes off with a lingering sweet cider note.

Vanilla Bean Nutmeg is another WOW , making this set a complete winner for me. Rich delicious notes that remind me of a GOOD quality eggnog, along with nutmeg and and cream right off the bat ... oh YUM. This one makes my mouth water!

I'm happy to report that the formula is super creamy and rich {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. I used Creamy Cardamom to wash my hair, and it was great! I have fine straight hair, and it made my hair soft and fluffy when I styled it. Plus the scent lingered for a few hours so that was an extra plus {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

I am hoping that the Creamy Cardamom and Vanilla Bean Nutmeg will appear in a 16oz size somewhere soon ... I'm still continuing to see more new items appearing - even today - on Philosophy's website, as well as on Ulta, Sephora, Nordstrom, QVC, etc. So I'm crossing my fingers! I would LOVE a body souffle in Creamy Cardamom {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Has anyone else had a chance to try this set? What did you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy Holiday Spice Rack Trio - Review

Thank you for the wonderful review!! I missed seeing the holiday sets at 30% off. They sound wonderful.
Super Contributor

On 10/20/2014 Tissyanne said: Thank you for the wonderful review!! I missed seeing the holiday sets at 30% off. They sound wonderful.
Hi Tissyanne! Oh no, I am sorry you missed the promo! ..... I saw the promo on the Philosophy home page and also got an email from them The promo was "Buy any 3 Philosophy items and get a 30% discount" or "Buy any 2 Philosophy items and get a 20% discount". There was an even lower discount (10%?) if you only bought a single Philosophy item. I ordered a combination of three items so I got the 30% discount. It was good on any Philosophy product whether fragrance, skincare or holiday. There were a few exceptions but my stuff was not excluded. ..... They have had a lot of back to back great promos (I took advantage of another 30% promo during the second half of September) so I would expect more great promos to follow between now and December!
Honored Contributor

cal-gal, I am sorry I missed it too!! The scents you describe sound wonderful. I don't know how Philosophy comes up with scents that are so tempting. I will be sure and watch for more promos. Thank you for reviewing.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much for the review! This one sounds like it's worth picking up.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much cal-gal for the review. I got the set, but haven't opened it yet. Been a little hectic around here. I'm going to shower with one of them tonight, as a treat to myself.

Now the only question is which one to open first? Think its going to be Creamy Cardamom!

Thanks again! Kathie

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this review. I think I saw this on their site recently.

Super Contributor

I ordered this set on the 9th--I can't wait to get it!!! Especially now after your review!!
Super Contributor

I hope you both like the set two, kathie66 and Patti67 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as well!

Contributor

Thank you for the beautiful review. I am tempted after reading, but probably will not buy because I have recently been more into the "clean" scents - so I have my eye on snow angel & the bubbly set. Smiley Happy