New Contributor

Respectively re: Philosophy quality thread

I am a lurker and wanted to post a response in the thread about philosophy quality, but it would not open for me. I recently strayed from Philosophy trying to save some money. Silly, silly mistake. Since I have started using it again I have gotten so many compliments on my over 60 skin. My 18 yo granddaughter says her friends tell her I look too young to be a grandmother. Straying was like eating low fat, sugar free ice cream when the real deal is so much more satisfying. I found that Philosophy is so dense and rich that it lasts so much longer than any other products I've tried. This morning I put a small amount of Living Grace on a loofah and washed in the bathtub. (I used about 1/8 of what they use to demonstrate). I turned the jets on and got Hollywood bubbles. Playing with the bubbles I sang "I Enjoy Being a Girl". No more straying for me!
Valued Contributor

Re: Respectively re: Philosophy quality thread

I have used and loved Philosophy since it first came to QVC. I have had no issues with the quality. When a thread is started like that sometimes there are people posting I have never seen before. But for me I am very happy with Philosophy products and will continue to use them.

Valued Contributor

I'm glad you are happy with them, you do not find the amazing grace scented gel has no scent?
Valued Contributor

I have noticed a weaker staying power to amazing grace BUT could just be my chemistry changing. I love the Fresh Cream, scent lasts and last on me even though some say it has gotten weaker. I get compliments all day without refreshing it. So I think it is my changing skin chemistry and not philosophy itself. But just my experience
Honored Contributor

I have used Philosophy for many years. Amazing Grace smells the same to me as always. I adore BG, FIL, UL, and think they all smell the same as always. FIL, if anything is now stronger. I am not as pleased with the 3 in 1 foodie type scents as in earlier years. They are lacking that spot on scent and the unique part has gone away in my opinion.
Valued Contributor

Maybe I'll give the scented gel a try, thanks
Honored Contributor

I am disappointed to hear they are discontinuing the seasonal bath gels and will only sell the graces in those. I have been buying the 3-in-1s for my four granddaughters for about 8 years now and they love getting and using them.....

what's an equivalent brand I can try? No graces....they like the seasonal, fun scents. I can't go up in price.

Valued Contributor

This is a set of two shower gels that are holiday ones.

Includes:

• 16-oz pumpkin icing shower gel
  • 16-oz christmas cookie shower gel

http://www.qvc.com/philosophy-festive-treats-shower-gel-duo.product.A334845.html?sc=A334845-SRCH&cm...

Edited to add:

Includes:

• 16-oz have a cherry christmas shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath
  • 16-oz sugar plum fairy shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath
  • 16-oz snow angel shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath
  • 16-oz orange cranberry spritzer shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath

http://www.qvc.com/philosophy-holiday-shower-gel-gift-set.product.A334461.html?sc=A334461-ISRC

I think they are coming out with more seasonal scents than was anticipated.

Respected Contributor

On 10/26/2014 lovesrecess said:

I am disappointed to hear they are discontinuing the seasonal bath gels and will only sell the graces in those. I have been buying the 3-in-1s for my four granddaughters for about 8 years now and they love getting and using them.....

what's an equivalent brand I can try? No graces....they like the seasonal, fun scents. I can't go up in price.

If you haven't already, check out Nordstrom, Macy's, Von Maur, Sephora, Ulta, and the Philosophy websites, as there are a lot of Philosophy seasonal/holiday items currently available. I can't see Philosophy discontinuing the seasonal items. They may not offer as many as they once did, but I doubt they will stop producing them. JMHO

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

Hi Celery,

I agree with you! I think that they may not be offering as many items during the spring and summer like they did in the past, but I seriously doubt they will discontinue selling seasonal items during the holidays.

As you mentioned, all the major retailers have a very large selection right now. I had to force myself to be picky to avoid going overboard, and took off a few things off my wish list in order to splurge on the 3pc Lemon Custard OTO from last week. I'm really excited about getting that set and trying the lotion and the body scrub! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}