Contributor

Holiday Product Review - My take on NORDSTROM sets :)

Went to Nordstrom at King of Prussia mall yesterday after visiting QVC to take their studio tour! so fun.

I will try to keep this brief because I tend to ramble when reviewing ...it is hard to describe fragrance in few words! Here we go.

1) celebrate grace fragrance spray: very average, reminded me a lot of clinique happy heart. floral. nothing to write home about but color of bottle is pretty.

2) pink marshmallow buttercream gel: did not smell like mallows nor buttercream. had a cough medicine after scent to me, sorry to say. will keep using my beloved pink frosted layer cake!

3) vanilla brown sugar duo: i feel like this scent is "true" but it is just SO LIGHT that I couldnt justify buying it. it is a warm sugary smell (didnt quite get vanilla extract nor brown sugar however) but it is barely there. this would be great for people who love the more clear scents though! scrub looked like good quality.

4) blackberry musk duo: If i were to make a purchase, it would be this. reminiscent of trish mcevoy's #9 fragrance - but lighter and done the philosophy way! but it didnt feel "holiday" to me so i skipped it. the gel was a gelee i believe. fancy Smiley Wink

They didnt have the snow angel set so I left without spending a dime Smiley Happy

Happy Columbus day, hope that yall can "discover" some philosophy that delights you this season. (that will be the snow angel body scrub for me, wee!)

xx lmacmac

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Product Review - My take on NORDSTROM sets :)

Thanks for the reviews.

Regular Contributor

I smelled at The Tacoma Mall Nordstrom yesterday. Agree the Piink Marshmallow was disappointing. Funky smell and all the SA's agreed.

Was not thrilled with Celebrate Grace. I was more interested in the body butter but never mind after smelling the perfume.

Really like the White Ginger (I think that is the name?) Fresh and light. I will get this.

SA made sure to tell me they price match with the Philosophy.com promotions.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reviews.Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Has anyone heard if Nordstrom's will have the 6oz shower gels for the holiday season?

Trusted Contributor

I had the Pink Marshmallow set in my cart at Sephora -- Thanks for that review. I guess I have to remove it and find something else!

Super Contributor

I have been so disappointed with Philosophy lately. I used to be a huge fan. Formulas seemed to have changed and do not have the impact they used to. I can't justify spending the money anymore.

Contributor

SueinSF - I do not know, but if I'm a betting woman id say they will have them! Maybe closer to christmas. Grade1Teach - just my personal opinion, but I tend to think I have a good nose for these things :-)
Super Contributor

got sick of the choc sugar smell yrs ago. Love a clean citrus better.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Linda129 said:

I smelled at The Tacoma Mall Nordstrom yesterday. Agree the Piink Marshmallow was disappointing. Funky smell and all the SA's agreed.

Was not thrilled with Celebrate Grace. I was more interested in the body butter but never mind after smelling the perfume.

Really like the White Ginger (I think that is the name?) Fresh and light. I will get this.

SA made sure to tell me they price match with the Philosophy.com promotions.

The white ginger is the only one I've heard about that has interested me. Please let us know how you like it if you get it.