Contributor

Does anyone else feel the scent and quality of Philosophy has diminished over the last year of so? I am finding the scents become rancid smelling if not used shortly after opening. I keep in cool dark place out of the air and light so it isn't the way I am storing them. I go to ULTA to sample the items before buying on QVC and do not like the SMELLS of any of the fragrances anymore, I think I am going to give up in Philosophy products.

Super Contributor

I lost interest in 1999..Some loud lady then began to show it on Q and I did not find it to be anything but a joke. Now I see it has a product for every cutsy quote ever made. My interest was lost after purchasing AGrace and within hours I smelt rancid.. Give it away

Too much and yet it is good to buy for a fast CHEER UP A PERSON GIFT.

I do not care for it

Trusted Contributor
I haven't bought philosophy since Christina Carlino sold it. I loved Inner Grace, which came out around that time, and that fragrance has been discontinued. L'Occitane is my go-to fragrance, bath & body line. I'm glad I have a L'Occ store nearby.
Frequent Contributor

Yes, cbari. Once Cristina Carlino sold to Coty, it hasn't been the same. So unfortunate.

Teesa

Trusted Contributor

I find their fragrances have changed and have gone downhill.

Their shower gels are still great in my opinion, but too expensive at this point. I only buy the ones I REALLY want.

I'm also not crazy about the way they keep popping out scent after scent. It's hard to figure out which one to choose, and most importantly, which one will stay in the line. They discontinue things left and right. No need to get too attached.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely gone downhill. Haven't bought any of their bath products in years and will use the last of my Purity and not repurchase. Purity was one of my go to's but it is now so watery that I can't wait to use it up and move on.

Super Contributor

The little awarded thingy last night was a JOKE---Ph has used every beautiful quote ever quoted on their bottles,and that's the only beautiful thing about PH.

I hope they began to use IN A PIG'S EYE------for the new promise of hope in an eye cream.

QUALITY HAS BECOME QUESTIONABLE...IT'S POSTED RIGHT HERE

Super Contributor

Don't like them at all. Fragrance doesn't last, bath products are terrible. You can get much better products at Target! Have you tried Dove's Pistachio yet? Awesome!

Honored Contributor

I've not noticed it, but I don't use any of their Grace/perfume collections, just the shower gels and skincare. Every single Grace perfume and Falling in Love have something in them that gives me a terrible headache and I can't go near them.

Super Contributor
On 10/9/2014 helping said: I haven't bought philosophy since Christina Carlino sold it. I loved Inner Grace, which came out around that time, and that fragrance has been discontinued. L'Occitane is my go-to fragrance, bath & body line. I'm glad I have a L'Occ store nearby.

Same here (in bold).