Super Contributor

Shocked by how much I'm loving Lemon Custard... who knew?!?

I'll admit that I haven't cared for the Lemon Custard scent when smelling it at B&M stores. It reminded me of an artificial Lemon-Head candy (overly sweet and strong), so I was never tempted to purchase.

However, I was recently at TJMaxx with my mom, and she fell in love with the scent - so I treated her to the 16oz. She's staying with me at my home for awhile, so we've been sharing it over the last week.

I am so surprised by how much I've come to like Lemon Custard! That initial saccharine sweetness is completely gone in the shower. It's replaced by a light and fresh lemony note, not too tart or sweet.

But really, the major draw is the soft custard scent. It smells delicious, and has a true "bakery" note - you almost want to take a spoon and dip it in!

Anyway, I highly recommend Lemon Custard, and am eating every negative word i ever said about it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: Shocked by how much I'm loving Lemon Custard... who knew?!?

I have this too, and I like it. It does make me crave a lemon bar or other lemony dessert, though. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

I've never tried it, but I LOVE Lemon Angel Food Cake. Does it smell anything like that?

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: I have this too, and I like it. It does make me crave a lemon bar or other lemony dessert, though. Smiley Happy

LOL! I'm not really a fan of lemon flavored things, so I'm glad that the lemon scent somewhat faded. I pick up almost a pastry note, though, which makes me crave cupcakes, pies and cobblers!

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 LovemyBE said:

I've never tried it, but I LOVE Lemon Angel Food Cake. Does it smell anything like that?

I'v never smelled that one, but it sounds as though it would be a lighter lemony scent, no? The Lemon Custard starts out as a very sharp lemon with very tart sweetness. If you can get past those first whiffs, it seems to mellow out to a scent that is quite lovely.

Honored Contributor

I've adopted shear splendor as my regular hair conditioner. Careful -- that lemon scent becomes a habit.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Lemon Custard is my all-time favorite outside of Pure Grace and Amazing Grace, but I consider the Graces in a different category so there's no comparison there.

For me, Lemon Custard is the perfect lemon scent. Not too tart, just sweet enough, and it's so creamy.

I am so happy they brought it back!

Super Contributor

I love this scent and still miss the lip gloss.

Michele

Respected Contributor

It's one of my most favorite philosophy scents. Yummy. I'm anxiously waiting the Lemon Custard Trio that's supposed to show up in the very near future (info from godfreako's post)! Will include the 3 in 1, body polishing scrub, and soufflé. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Regular Contributor

Is this another exclusive to the Q? I have not seen it on the Philosophy site or Nordstrom.