Super Contributor

Fall seasonal shower gels and lotions

With the exception of the Fall Favorites shower gel trio on QVC, it looks like Philosophy skipped the Fall and Halloween seasonal scents this year (for example, pumpkin, caramel/toffee, candy corn, apple types of scents in shower gels and lotions).

I talked to someone at Philosophy and they confirmed that as far as seasonal items, they would only be doing Christmas themed products this year. I've also heard the same thing from Sephora (this comes from a very knowledgeable manager in the know). I am really hoping that they are both wrong but I think that if it's not out by now, they are probably correct.

Normally I grab extras of the fall goodies that I like, to carry me over to the next year, but I was trying to be good, and assuming they would be back again this year, I limited my purchases last year. What I did buy last year, I pretty much used up everything, so I don’t have much at all to enjoy over the next few months. Bummer!

I went by TJ Maxx this weekend, especially hoping to find pumpkin of some sort! Alas, no pumpkin … sigh ... but they did have the following (for those who might be interested): All 16oz bottles: Cherry Pinwheel Cookie, Cranberry Twirl, Almonds and Cream, Pomegranite, Tantalizing Ruby, Lemon Angel Food Cake, Sugar Chick, Strawberry Italian Soda, Raspberry Glazed, Granny’s Apple Pie.

Since I had no luck at TJ's, I got the QVC trio (Pumpkin Icing, Apple Cider and CMB) because I figured that was the only shot I’d have at fall scents this year.

Has anyone found anything good at TJ Maxx, Marshall, or Nordstrom Rack lately? Any Philosophy fall/Halloween sightings anywhere? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall seasonal shower gels and lotions

I believe drugstre.com sells some. i was really wanting the tro that had the pumpkin and licorice but I got pumpkin from drugstore.com.

Honored Contributor

Our local Sephora store doesn't stock the Philosophy bath products anymore. NONE of them!

I found a scent I like at B&BW yesterday - Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 kcladyz said:

I believe drugstre.com sells some. i was really wanting the tro that had the pumpkin and licorice but I got pumpkin from drugstore.com.

Hi! I didn't see a trio with licorice, but I know some folks really like that scent! Where was that trio being sold, and what was the third scent?

Was your Philosophy pumpkin purchase from drugstore.com recent? I had looked there last week and swear I didn't see anything in pumpkin, but I may have to look again {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Congratulations on your find!

Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 terrier3 said:

Our local Sephora store doesn't stock the Philosophy bath products anymore. NONE of them!

I found a scent I like at B&BW yesterday - Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.

I think that is happening across the board at all Sephora stores! They constantly move product lines and parts of product lines (from all brands) in and out of the stores so much anymore, that it is driving me crazy LOL. They do that a lot with haircare items that I like {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Ohh, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles!! Did you get it in the candle or in body care? I have it in the candle B&BW have really delicious pumpkin candles this year. Pumpkin Muffin and the Pumpkin Marshmallow one (sorry can't remember the exact name) are also super yummy!

Occasional Contributor

B&BW has the pumpkin pecan waffle in a creamy shower gel in a bottle that looks a lot like the philosophy shower gels. My manager said that's the only fall scent that's going to be in that formulation. Haven't tried it yet but it smells yummy! They also have several other fall scents in shower gel, lotion and spray.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 joyceb said:

B&BW has the pumpkin pecan waffle in a creamy shower gel in a bottle that looks a lot like the philosophy shower gels. My manager said that's the only fall scent that's going to be in that formulation. Haven't tried it yet but it smells yummy! They also have several other fall scents in shower gel, lotion and spray.

That's it...I'm heading back tomorrow morning!

Thanks for the heads up...

Honored Contributor

Hi cal-gal. I was so hoping for a return of the old favorites like Black Licorice and Caramel Apple. Bummer!

The only Fall scent I've seen is Granny's Apple Pie which I did not care for so I passed on it. I'm going to keep my eyes open at TJ's. I wonder if Nordstrom's Rack might get anything like that too?

Trusted Contributor

I am also sad to see that philosophy did not produce a line of fall themed shower gels this year. I have been hoping for the return of Spiced Apple Cider (I just received the trio from QVC and the Apple Cider scent is nice, but not the same as the original Spiced Apple Cider) and for the return of Harvest Spice, which is a pumpkin/orange spicy sent. (I just opened my last bottle that I had in my stash). I still have a couple of bottles of Pumpkin pie and pumpkin latte , and caramel apple, so I will get my "fix" this fall, but I am still disappointed that they did not do something special for fall. And yes, I would have loved the return of Black Licorice too. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Cindy

Honored Contributor

I have the feeling they are going to get out of the bath & body segment entirely...with the exception of the Graces.