Super Contributor

***Dead Bottle Aug. 10 - 16***

Good evening, lovelies! I got called in to work unexpectedly this morning, so my thread is a little late today. What a day!! Whew!

Does it count as an empty bottle if I empty a full 16oz. bottle of Amazing Grace into a nearly empty 32oz. pump bottle of Amazing Grace? The same with Falling in Love. I used up a bottle of saline solution, and I also finished off a tube of Cake Batter Chapstick. Did you know they make a Cake Batter Chapstick? It's the real Chapstick brand, too!

That's it for my dead bottles. What have you used up this week? All brands and products are welcome!

I hope everyone is keeping cool this summer, and fall is just around the corner!! Stay safe, my lovelies! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ***Dead Bottle Aug. 10 - 16***

I haven't posted in quite some time, so I have a lot to list...

I used up a Pure Silk shave cream, a dollar store shampoo I used as hand soap, a 3 oz B&BW shower gel, and an Avon Naturals body spray.

I threw out a B&BW body cream that didn't smell right anymore, a 2 oz. B&BW lotion I didn't care for, and about 1/2 a jar of Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation that looked like a mask on me.

I also took the difficult step of throwing out an old pair of shoes my dad left here that he used to wear when he would do work on my house in the crawlspace. He died in April, and it's really hard to throw anything of his away, because it feels "wrong." I reasoned that there was no worth--not even sentimental--in a dirty old pair of shoes, and that I needed to stop being senselessly sentimental about junk. It was a big step for me. Of course, I still miss him like h*ll...but no pair of shoes could ever change that... {#emotions_dlg.sad} ...so I let go of them...

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

Finished a 16 oz. Gingerbread Girl and a can of Pure Silk shaving cream. I have 2 Gingerbread Girls in reserve that I bought on clearance at Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx after the holidays, so it's probably enough to last another couple of years at least!

Frequent Contributor

MistriTsquirrel "

I also took the difficult step of throwing out an old pair of shoes my dad left here that he used to wear when he would do work on my house in the crawlspace. He died in April, and it's really hard to throw anything of his away, because it feels "wrong." I reasoned that there was no worth--not even sentimental--in a dirty old pair of shoes, and that I needed to stop being senselessly sentimental about junk. It was a big step for me. Of course, I still miss him like h*ll...but no pair of shoes could ever change that... {#emotions_dlg.sad} ...so I let go of them...

So sorry for your loss {hug} very difficult indeed. You'll keep a few items I'm sure and you should if they are special to you. Throwing the shoes out shows you are healing, still hurts but healing.
Super Contributor

I haven't posted here in a long time and I can't remember all the things I've used up but I'll list what I can remember.

-Can of Jergens natural glow foaming self tanner. I really like this and have gone through numerous cans. I'm using the Suave self tanner now and I'm really loving it!

-Kenra silkening gloss

-Philosophy tiramisu 3 in 1

I know I used up some other products but I just can't remember them at the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/12/2014 xara said:MistriTsquirrel "

So sorry for your loss {hug} very difficult indeed. You'll keep a few items I'm sure and you should if they are special to you. Throwing the shoes out shows you are healing, still hurts but healing.

Thank you, Xara.

A lot of the time, I don't feel like I'm healing, but maybe I am.

One thing I know for sure is that it makes no sense to hold onto a pair of dirty shoes when I have photographs, his watch, a heart-shaped memorial container that holds some of his ashes, etc. I will never let go of those things, but a dirty pair of shoes is something that doesn't really serve much of a purpose. It is somewhat hard to know where to draw a line with other things. Some things I'm not sure about, so I keep them for fear that I may regret throwing them out later.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org