Esteemed Contributor

Summer grace ....sudden reaction

I recently purchased a bottle of SG at Marshall's (thanks to the many that posted about it) but I had about 1/3 of a bottle left from a Q purchase. I started using it a few weeks ago and suddenly noticed I was getting dry skin on my neck (which I never had) and in time it would start burning and turning red. My skin actually looks like it has a burn scar. Well I was getting very concerned as I had an internal problem in my throat several months ago and I thought that was what was causing this rash. I just returned from the Doctor this morning and she told me it was from perfume. I've used SG since it came out and I'm so surprised that I just developed a reaction to it. I'm curious, has this happened to any one else? I never have reactions to anything.
Honored Contributor

Re: Summer grace ....sudden reaction

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I assume you've used other Philosophy products without a reaction? I can't use any of their facial products without my face turning red and breaking out.

Honored Contributor

Phil FIL and Pink Sugar make my neck break out in a terrible rash, I need to take Benadryl.

Respected Contributor

I've learned that increased exposure to certain ingredients can eventually lead to an allergic reaction that you may not have initially had. So your skin could be fine with using a product a certain number of times, but could one day suddenly react (due to the increased exposure). That's happened to me - not only with certain Philosophy products, but also with other Brands. I suspect I'm allergic to an ingredient those particular products all share. I haven't had patch testing for allergies, but I really do need to because my skin seems to be getting more and more sensitive each day. Your description of a "burn scar" sounds like reactions I've had to certain products in the past.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I used to use Pure & Amazing Grace & the last 2 body sprays I bought don't have much fragrance. I spray it on after I shower & you cannot smell it. I compared the ingredients & they are different. I will no longer be buying their products. Maybe some ingredients have changed & you are having a reaction to it.