Contributor

supersize 32 oz purity and microdelivery wash

a few years ago I bought 32 oz of purity and microdelivery wash and it was quite thin but at the same time the formula of purity had changed so I thought that was the reason it was thinner. I just recently started using philosophy again using 8 oz size and thickness is the same as I remembered .just wondering if anybody that uses the 32 oz of purity do you find it thinner than the smaller size? I like to buy the bigger size to save money but am not sure.

Super Contributor

Re: supersize 32 oz purity and microdelivery wash

Regarding Purity, I can't say I notice a thinner consistency. However, the MDW definitely gets grittier towards the bottom of the 32oz. The MDW gets so thick, it's almost impossible to pump it out and it "gunks" up the pump.

This has happened with the last 3 sets I've ordered, so it will be the last time I order the duo. From now on, I'll purchase my Purity separately.

Super Contributor

I buy both in the 32oz size and have for years. I have never noticed a change in the formula.
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 catlvr said: I buy both in the 32oz size and have for years. I have never noticed a change in the formula.

Do you ever shake your MDW up? Some posters have suggested doing this every so often to redistribute the product. I think it's ridiculous to have to do this, though. How do you keep it from "gunking up"? Any tips?

Valued Contributor

I have always had to really shake mine each time I use it to maintain the consistency. I have poured it into clear bottles when it gets down to use for travel, and you can see that it really settles out.

Honored Contributor

I only buy the smaller bottle of the micro. I read here that it needs to be shaken. I hadn't noticed any issues, but I now shake it before I use it. No idea if it makes any difference.

Trusted Contributor

My bottle of MD is completely void of the ""beads"". There is nothing there except for a liquid that doesn't even cleanse. Have had to throw it away. This is not the first time this has happened to me. There won't be another time as I will never purchase this product again.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 gonnab said:

My bottle of MD is completely void of the "beads". There is nothing there except for a liquid that doesn't even cleanse. Have had to throw it away. This is not the first time this has happened to me. There won't be another time as I will never purchase this product again.

Same here...last two bottles had ZERO beads, but it was past the 30-day return period. It was sickening to throw 2 32-oz bottles down the drain. $60 a bottle plus $15 shipping to Hawaii...I'm no longer a Philosophy girl after 9 years of being a junkie. When quality goes down, I no longer spend my hard-earned money on cheapened product.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 Haole Wahine said:
On 8/3/2014 gonnab said:

My bottle of MD is completely void of the "beads". There is nothing there except for a liquid that doesn't even cleanse. Have had to throw it away. This is not the first time this has happened to me. There won't be another time as I will never purchase this product again.

Same here...last two bottles had ZERO beads, but it was past the 30-day return period. It was sickening to throw 2 32-oz bottles down the drain. $60 a bottle plus $15 shipping to Hawaii...I'm no longer a Philosophy girl after 9 years of being a junkie. When quality goes down, I no longer spend my hard-earned money on cheapened product.

Not sure if this helps, but the MDW has no "beads" - which may be the reason why neither of you see them. There have been a few threads here lately which detail that the micro beads in other products are being phased out due to environmental issues, but the MDW has never had them.

Trusted Contributor

No beads??? Then what were those little pellet things that helped to exfoliate?? If those weren't beads, then whatever they were are not in this bottle of MDW!