Contributor

Really Disappointed in Philosophy Discontinuing Inner Grace.....

I know there have been a few discussions about this as of late but just wanted to give those that are interested an update; I just talked to Philosophy Customer Service and Inner Grace has been "retired". I asked for a recommendation for something similar and he told me that they are not replacing it with anything. They have lost my business as I am not a fan of any of the other fragrances in the line. I realize this is not anything to get upset about, after all it is just a fragrance but I have used it since the first time Christina debuted it on QVC and spent a great deal of money with Philosophy and QVC on this line. I would also spend a great deal of money when Philosophy would send me the coupons as I would buy from them and stock up on not only IG but many other products too. I know if Christina were still involved, this product would not have been retired as she created this in memory of a very good friend of hers, Dana Reeves who passed away from cancer. It's a terrible shame that Cody has decided it is no longer a valid fragrance. Perhaps it was not as good of a seller as some of the other fragrances but I can tell you that it always had very good reviews. This is their right as a business but it is also my right to no longer support this line. Can anyone recommend another cleanser that I can try other than Purity? I have already ordered Skinn from SHOP HQ for the exfoliating product as I will not purchase micro delivery anymore, but I don't really care for the Skinn cleansers. Thanks for listening to my rant. Any help people can provide for other lines would be much appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Re: Really Disappointed in Philosophy Discontinuing Inner Grace.....

The scoop on IG is a bit confusing. I know the Philosophy CS reps are saying it's been discontinued, but kathie66 went to QVC's Philosophy event last weekend, and she was told by the Philosophy reps that IG is not being discontinued. She was told it hasn't been offered as a scent choice in some of the most recent TSVs because it isn't a big seller. I think I remember Dara (Philosophy rep) mentioned on Facebook that IG will have very limited offerings. Anyway, I think Philosophy might need to make some kind of "official" statement on the future of IG to clear things up.

If you want to read kathie66's post, scroll down to the thread titled, "Philosophy at Studio Park, West Chester PA."

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

I do believe it's discontinued. There is not a single item of Inner Grace available on Philosophy.com. It wasn't popular because they never offered it in any TSV's. I love wearing. It makes me feel good Christina created it. I don't get that special feeling from Coty. I believe it was too expensive to make. It smells expensive too and has staying power. Notice it's the only one offered only in EDP?
Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Cardamom said: I do believe it's discontinued. There is not a single item of Inner Grace available on Philosophy.com. It wasn't popular because they never offered it in any TSV's. I love wearing. It makes me feel good Christina created it. I don't get that special feeling from Coty. I believe it was too expensive to make. It smells expensive too and has staying power. Notice it's the only one offered only in EDP?

Cardamom, I too noticed IG isn't showing in any form at all on the Philosophy site. I remember a couple of weeks ago the 3 in 1 and body emulsion were pictured, but listed as being "out of stock." Now they've been removed completely. Maybe Inner Grace will be like Baby Grace, and only offered through QVC on occasion? I don't know. I just think it's confusing that the Philosophy Reps at last weekend's event mentioned IG wasn't being discontinued, yet the CS reps at Philosophy are stating it has been discontinued.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

This was posted on Philosophy's FB page yesterday. philosophy hi rose, unfortunately, inner grace has been discontinued. many factors are considered prior to discontinuing any of our beloved products. please continue to check the "what's new" tab on philosophy.com for the latest product innovations. we also bring back some products from the vault so there is always a chance it could re-appear. we hope that you find a product you enjoy just as much!
Respected Contributor

Cardamom, I'm just saying two different replies are being said that contradict each other, and it's confusing. The CS reps saying one thing, and the vendor reps saying something else.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

On 7/31/2014 i like celery said:

Cardamom, I'm just saying two different replies are being said that contradict each other, and it's confusing. The CS reps saying one thing, and the vendor reps saying something else.

I understand. I just know, you know? I've seen the writing on the wall and have been buying what I can find. First Macy's cleared it out then our military base exchange. I bought the last of what was on my military base. Whatever they say doesn't matter if I can't find Inner Grace to buy. Smiley Sad(. I do appreciate your contact with them and all your updates! I really wanted to believe it was not being discontinued. Maybe it will come out again one day. In the meantime I have a couple years worth. Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

Just got out my Inner grace parfum & will treasure using it. I've read that Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is similar to Inner Grace, but I haven't tried it myself.
Valued Contributor

On 7/31/2014 helping said: Just got out my Inner grace parfum & will treasure using it. I've read that Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is similar to Inner Grace, but I haven't tried it myself.
It is, at least on me. The dry down is identical. Application is not nearly as pleasant with Lovely (chemically/alcohol) and the staying power of IG was better on me.
Trusted Contributor

Lovely's discontinued, too? Darn. Guess I can write to Christina Carlino for advice.