Super Contributor

What foundation from Philosophy do you like the best and why?

Valued Contributor

Re: Best Philosophy foundation

Hi Poppet--

It's not a true foundation, but I really, really like the A to Z Cream. It's a BB cream, sort of. But not as thick as others I've tried. Provides light-medium coverage. I mention it b/c I hadn't used Philosophy skin care OR MU in a loooong time and then I decided to give this a whirl about 6 months ago??? I really, really like it. Usually things like this that contain an SPF are not good for me, but this one works. Just an idea. I realize that you were asking for foundations, but depending upon what kind of coverage you're looking for it might be worth checking out. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: Best Philosophy foundation

Here's what I posted in another thread, and might help:

Although I haven't used them, I did sample the two newer Philosophy liquid foundations on my hand at Ulta. Out of the two - HIAJ SPF 20 and MW SPF 30 - I preferred HIAJ SPF 20. I liked the way it felt on my hand more than I did the MW SPF 30. It felt lighter than the MW, but I'm guessing it's due to MW having more treatment ingredients. I thought the range of colors for both HIAJ and MW were nice, too. I'm pretty fair, and usually have a hard time color matching tinted moisturizers and foundations, but didn't have a problem finding a natural-looking match. If I'm remembering correctly, the coverage is in-between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation.

You might also like the Hope in a Jar A to Z cream. It's a BB cream, CC cream, and every other alphabet cream. :-) It also has SPF 20. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it's oil free. I don't like a matte finish - I like a slightly moisturized look and feel, but that's just me. I found it to be very similar to Tarte's BB cream. The color match was perfect and very natural-looking for me, too.

And I think some people still like the Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas foundation, but don't like the new delivery method (most prefer the sponge applicator). It's more of a mineral foundation. I know it used to not be referred to as mineral foundation, but it seems that's how it's now described. It always seemed just like a mineral foundation to me, but since I don't use mineral foundation, maybe there is something I'm unaware of. :-) It also has SPF 15.

PhilosophyHope In A Jar Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 PhilosophyMiracle Worker Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PhilosophyHope In A Jar A To Z Cream PhilosophySupernatural Airbrushed Canvas Broad Spectrum SPF 15

♥ Life is beauty full ♥