Super Contributor

Ladies: I have never used Philosophy foundation, and have had mixed results with some of the skin care. I have used Purity and the micro face wash for ages, and love them. Also a big fan of many of the fragrances as well as the 3 in 1's. The two philosophy skin products that have worked well for me are take a deep breath, and the old HIAJ SPF (I still have two bottles of it). Some of the Philosophy moisturizers have given me millia in the past.

I have been using BE loose minerals for ages, but am not finding it as friendly to my (slightly/moderately?) aging skin, so I have been on a quest for a new foundation.

I have tried several BB/CC creams (PTR, Tarte, Stilla) as well as the new BE liquid. Of this group, the one I liked best was the PTR CC.

All that said, I would love to hear recommendations from the Philosophy line. My skin is slightly aging - some wrinkles mostly on my forehead, not much around my eyes, nose or mouth, yet. Fair in color, and fairly oily, not particularly sensitive. I don't have a lot of age spots or other discoloration.

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Michele

Respected Contributor

Although I haven't used them, I did sample the two newer Philosophy liquid foundations on my hand at Ulta. Out of the two - HIAJ SPF 20 and MW SPF 30 - I preferred HIAJ SPF 20. I liked the way it felt on my hand more than I did the MW SPF 30. It felt lighter than the MW, but I'm guessing it's due to MW having more treatment ingredients. I thought the range of colors for both HIAJ and MW were nice, too. I'm pretty fair, and usually have a hard time color matching tinted moisturizers and foundations, but didn't have a problem finding a natural-looking match. If I'm remembering correctly, the coverage is in-between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation.

You might also like the Hope in a Jar A to Z cream. It's a BB cream, CC cream, and every other alphabet cream. :-) It also has SPF 20. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it's oil free. I don't like a matte finish - I like a slight moisturized look and feel, but that's just me. I found it to be very similar to Tarte's BB cream. The color match was perfect and very natural-looking for me, too.

And I think some people still like the Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas foundation, but don't like the new delivery method (most prefer the sponge applicator). It's more of a mineral foundation. I know it used to not be referred to as mineral foundation, but it seems that's how it's now described. It always seemed just like a mineral foundation to me, but since I don't use mineral foundation, maybe there is something I'm unaware of. :-) It also has SPF 15.

PhilosophyHope In A Jar Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 PhilosophyMiracle Worker Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PhilosophyHope In A Jar A To Z Cream PhilosophySupernatural Airbrushed Canvas Broad Spectrum SPF 15

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Regular Contributor
Right now I am loving Josie Maran's Matchmaker foundation. Beautiful buildable coverage (probably can get medium but I go with light coverage), great color match and it wears all day on my slightly oily skin. I wore it to work for the first time recently and a friend/coworker said my skin looked as smooth as a baby's butt!
Regular Contributor

I love Philosophy's Purity, Fresh Cream bath products, Falling In Love bath products, and Amazing Grace bath products. I gave up on their "beauty" products. After many years of searching through various facial moisturizers, I have found that 100%, extra virgin, non-processed coconut oil (it has a natural SPF of 10) is the perfect moisturizer for me. I highly recommend Laura Geller's Spackle (Neutralizer, Original, and Fortified) as a primer before using any "powder" foundation. I cannot use "liquid" foundations; my face feels dirty and looks blotchy. I use Laura's Balance-N-Brighten and/or Bronze-N-Brighten as my foundation now. Of course I apply the Spackle over the coconut oil in the morning as I get ready. I tried BE, but I had no success with these products. The BE primer made my face burn! You might try the Spackle with the BE products, or you could switch to Laura Geller foundations. I'm very happy with my results. Good luck.