Honored Contributor

ULTA - Checked out all the fragrances there today

I went to Ulta today and I am so glad I did. I love AG and Inner Grace but seeing all the new fragrances decided to try them out - esp. fresh cream. I had ordered the new discovery kit offered and wanted to make sure the fragrances would be OK.

Loved the fresh cream but didn't love me! I had to come home and shower to get the "vanilla" smell off my skin (I even sprayed alcohol on my arm in the store).

So I guess I'll stick with my favs.

Then I bought the IT Cosmetic mascara (w/ball) now I hope this is better than the reviews for the price ... much better pricing for 2 on Q even w/shipping. I paid $24 for 1.

Super Contributor

Re: ULTA - Checked out all the fragrances there today

I wish I could do the same thing, but I live in a relatively rural area and have to drive over 1 hour to my nearest ULTA/Sephora. I've been burned by Philosophy fragrances in the past, so I've been more careful about making fragrance purchases from them lately.

I really wish they offered samples for purchase, like PSS does - a set of 5 or 6 scents. It would be much more economical than the cost of returning a full size item that you're not sure you will like.

Super Contributor

That is why I have liked to buy from the Q...so I can try the items, and if I like/love it...I keep it. If it doesn't agree with me, I have the option of returning it. Some stores do not

let you do that.

Occasional Contributor

I stopped by my local Ulta today and what did I find? FRESH CREAM!!!! I thought they said it was ONLY ON QVC. I had been wanting to smell it and boy was I glad I did. Saved me the return shipping. It smelled like FROSTING on me. I do love frosting but I cant imagine smelling like a cupcake all day.

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 nbr3fan said:

I stopped by my local Ulta today and what did I find? FRESH CREAM!!!! I thought they said it was ONLY ON QVC. I had been wanting to smell it and boy was I glad I did. Saved me the return shipping. It smelled like FROSTING on me. I do love frosting but I cant imagine smelling like a cupcake all day.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone! Just spotted this thread and need to ask a question....

I'm more of a Sephora fan than Ulta, but I went to my local Ulta today to check out IT Cosmetics' makeup shades so I asked a sales associate for some help making sure I was picking the right shade. She helped me find the right one, I put it in my basket, then I asked if I could have a sample of the new undereye concealer. She obliged and made me a nice take-home sample. We started talking about skincare, and she highly recommended a Peter Thomas Roth product. I asked for a sample of that and she said NO. She said they weren't allowed to give samples of his line. Has anyone else had this happen to them?? Mind you, I'm really loyal Sephora customer, but they don't carry the IT line so I had to go to Ulta. I can't imagine Sephora denying a customer a sample of anything. Wondering, before I shoot an email to Ulta's corporate office, if this is their policy. Anyone know?

Respected Contributor

On 7/18/2014 nbr3fan said:

How funny to find this thread. I never go to Ulta but I did yesterday and I bought -- wait for it -- a tube of Fresh Cream body lotion. nbr3fan, I completely understand your point about not wanting to walk around smelling like frosting but here is how I am using it: about half an hour before turning in for the evening I have gotten into the habit of putting lotion on my hands, feet, elbows and knees. The Fresh Cream works perfectly for my night routine -- I find the vanilla scent very calming and the lotion itself absorbs quickly. I'm glad I popped in to Ulta.

Occasional Contributor

My local Ulta disappointed me because they had absolutely no summer fragrances as they did in previous years (such as Summer Grace or Falling in Love Summer). In fact, I did not see any summer scents at all in even lotions or shower gels.

Honored Contributor

I love Fresh Cream anytime, but I do find it to be calming at night after a shower.
Respected Contributor

I have better luck at Ulta than Sephora. When I wanted the TSV new BE bareskin from QVC I went to Ulta for be color matched. There were 2 girls there that asked if I needed help and told them what I wanted. They were both helping me find the right color. They put it on my chin area on both sides as well as on both wrists. I would have ordered another color had I not gone there first.

I have returned things to Ulta without a problem, never ask a question about why I am returning, always happy there and never had a bad experience but did at Sephora but may depend on the stores and locations?