Contributor

With all the "zillion" (ok I know that is a little exaggeration) hours of air time on QVC one would think that they could take a minute and explain to "use to be Philosophy true loyalist" that they have sold the company and why their products aren't the same as they once were. Never have I felt betrayed by a company like I do now.

Frequent Contributor
I so agree. I'm on the search for alternative products.
Super Contributor

Why do you feel betrayed? I'm confused.

Trusted Contributor

Is that what it is? I just made my first and last purchase. It barely had any scent, and absolutely no staying power what so ever.

Honored Contributor

There are lots of other products out there; I was a long-time AD customer for the 3-in-1s set of 3 16 oz.......they were fabulous and the granddaughters fought over them....had to stop buying them when they literally stopped having any scent at all. Molten Brown has some great shower gels; I get them at Nordstrom. Have found several others that were very low-priced.

Valued Contributor

I have to chime and say that for me, with the bath and body products I still use from Philosophy, I've never had some of the same issues with quality that many here have spoken of. Maybe I've been lucky? But my lotions and shower gels and EDTs and spritzes all smell and feel the same to me.

Super Contributor
On 7/11/2014 Teggers said:

With all the ""zillion"" (ok I know that is a little exaggeration) hours of air time on QVC one would think that they could take a minute and explain to ""use to be Philosophy true loyalist"" that they have sold the company and why their products aren't the same as they once were. Never have I felt betrayed by a company like I do now.

I could see your point if philosophy was sold last week! It has been MANY years already!!
Honored Contributor
I still enjoy the Philosophy products, especially the recent whipped body cremes. They have more scent now than when I first bought the lotions years ago.
Valued Contributor
On 7/11/2014 glmama said:

I have to chime and say that for me, with the bath and body products I still use from Philosophy, I've never had some of the same issues with quality that many here have spoken of. Maybe I've been lucky? But my lotions and shower gels and EDTs and spritzes all smell and feel the same to me.

glama, I agree with you on this post. I've never had issues with the quality or scents. And I am so very happy because I love the products so very much.

Super Contributor

I used to try the different perfume products back when they were the original ones....many years ago. I liked the smells but for some reason, they got stronger and stronger on me, and gave me bad migraine headaches, so I had to return everything I bought. When my daughter put on the same fragrances ( I particularly remember little solid perfume pots ) and they just nearly disappeared on her after an hour or two. Trying to wash off the scents didn't work too well either.

Now, I can use nearly everything and not get sick. The scent doesn't last as long, and yes I do notice a difference in the older shower gels being thicker and richer ( I did get the older 3pc sets of 16oz shower gels and loved them! ) the new shower gels are thinner when I compare them ( still have some unopened ones from years ago that are still good ) and most of the older scents were nicer, thicker, just wonderful.

I do wish they would improve their products and use the old formula for the shower gels...they were just awesome.