Regular Contributor

Any comments or reviews on this? Heavy? Light? How does it smell? Worth the price? I have used Keihl's Creme de Corps and I have just never loved it. Never felt the price was justified. I do love Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Butter. I also always have the Pure Grace Body Lotion of hand. I was looking for something to replace my Creme de Corps I finally used up.

Valued Contributor

Re: Hope in a Jar Body Lotion?

it's very light. almost runny in comparison to the pure or baby grace lotions or any of the body emulsions. but, it's nice. it absorbs really quickly and it's nice if you have dry skin that could tend to get flaky (which i used to have in the wintertime before i used philosophy products regularly). be careful using it after using the olive oil body scrub, if you use that. the first few times i did that, my skin stung. i think the chemical exfoliation right after the physical exfoliation was too much for my skin, which can be sensitive. the smell is...interesting. it's not really fragranced but it does have a little of that very light lavender oil kind of smell that regular hope in a jar does. but, also, the 32 oz. bottle i got (way back when they first introduced it in that size) to me had a scent that kind of reminded me ever so slightly of the tartness of yogurt, if that makes sense. my nose is pretty sensitive so maybe it's just me. but also, it wasn't strong enough to keep me from using it. once it's dry, you don't smell anything and it dries pretty quickly because it absorbs fast.

eta: i forgot to say that it did improve the look of my skin. better tone and texture, more consistently moisturized. it really worked as a treatment lotion. it's expensive so this is a good deal if you will also use the hope in a jar (and if that huge 8 oz jar doesn't separate and go bad). the hiaj for body doesn't separate or turn or anything. i've still got a teensy bit left in the bottle i bought two summers ago and it's fine. the only reason i still have any left is because i also use other philosophy lotions regularly.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I also bought it when the super size first came out and I really like it. I am getting low and I would order the tv but I don't need any HIJ for the face. It absorbs great and the little scent it does have , does not linger long. Hope that helps!
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the TSV. I can use the Hope in Jar moisturizer on the nights I use my retinol.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased after reading your thread. i was on the fence and decided to just try it. I love how my skin looks in the summer but summer will only last so long. Thanks for posting.

Valued Contributor

WoW! I just received the Hope in a Jar TSV, and it feels so nice on my skin. The body lotion is like silky smooth goodness. I like the smell of it too. It really isn't like a "real scent", it just smells clean.

Regular Contributor

This is my number ONE favorite product that I cannot do without! I have very dry skin but not any more. I use this every day and my skin is super soft and not dry at all!! I just got another big bottle as I never want to run out!!!! I highly recommend this along with the olive oil scrub in either pure or amazing grace!!!

Arley

Honored Contributor

I've had a big bottle for a while. I like that it doesn't feel heavy or greasy and dries pretty quick.

Trusted Contributor

Does the body lotion smell the same as the original HIAJ for the face? I had a jar handed down from my mom that I tried on my face and upper body. I wasn't a fan of the scent in the jar, but it wasn't offensive. But after I applied it to my face and body, it smelled terrible on me. I mean really god-awful--so much so that after waking up in the morning it still smelled so bad that I had to wash it off because I couldn't stand the smell of myself. I can only assume it must be something about my body chemistry that it reacted poorly with. Because I am sure that if it smelled that bad on most people, it would have been discontinued long ago. I am assuming that I would have the same reaction to the HIAJ body lotion. Has anyone heard such reports from others who have tried the body lotion?

Trusted Contributor

It is not just you, aprimo. I used HIAJ for face right before I left for work and I know it sounded weird, but I could " smell my face" all day, and not in a good way! I could not wait to get home and wash it off. Oh, the smell was terrible! I received the body HIAJ as part of a kit, and you guessed it, just as terrible. I'm glad others like it, but it does not mix with my body chemistry.