Trusted Contributor

Sephora return question- Loveswept- ugh!

I went to Sephora (in JC Penney, if that makes a difference) & tried Loveswept. I sprayed the tester on the strip & sniffed it as I wandered the store. I loved it! Didn't really need it as I just got the TSV in BG but had to have it. So I bought the set with spray fragrance & body lotion. When I got home I put the lotion on & almost immediately got a headache, my nose burned & I actually felt nauseous. I had to wash it all off. Today I tried the spray & my nose still burns but not as bad as the lotion. I have my receipt but the nearest store is 1 1/2 hours away. Will they even take it as a return if I've tried it? I don't usually return stuff but it was around $56 & I'm not going to wear it. I have my receipt. Their website says you can return for any reason but not sure if that's just for online orders and/or for unopened items. I wonder, but doubt, if I could return it to my local JCP- they don't have a Sephora. Anyone know? TIA....
Respected Contributor

Re: Sephora return question- Loveswept- ugh!

You can return it. Just take the receipt. Sometimes they will even take it back without and give you store credit, but they definitely will with a receipt. I had that happen with Marc Jacobs perfume. It went straight RANCID on me. Lol!
Valued Contributor

Sephora is great about returns but you will have to return it to sephora. Not JC Penny's unless you are at a Sephora inside JC Penny's.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/20/2014 FUTURE said: You can return it. Just take the receipt. Sometimes they will even take it back without and give you store credit, but they definitely will with a receipt. I had that happen with Marc Jacobs perfume. It went straight RANCID on me. Lol!
Glad to know I'm not the only one this happened to & that I can return it. I'm feeling pretty stupid. I never thought there would be a difference between how it smells on the paper & how it smells on me.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Cardamom said: Sephora is great about returns but you will have to return it to sephora. Not JC Penny's unless you are at a Sephora inside JC Penny's.
Thanks- I figured that would be the case but wasn't sure. Just glad to know I should be able to return it.
Respected Contributor

Nope, huge difference. I put it on, loved it, bought it, 30 minutes later I was walking through the mall and smelled it, and it LITERALLY made me nauseous!! I mean, disgusting. I have funky chemistry that way. Lol! Funny thing is, I was on vacay and just threw a few sample sprays in my bag and sprayed that one on, and it hit me. Cruuuuuuudddddd!! I was washing it off as fast as I could, and hubby smelled it after I'd washed it off and it was still nasty. Lol! I will never make that mistake again. Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

Tell them you had an allergic reaction, but they would take it back anyway. However, you will have to either go or mail it to Sephora. I tried to take a Sephora item that I got on-line (with receipt) to a JCP with a Sephora in it. They said nope, I had to traipse up to the next mall level and take it to the free-standing Sephora. No clue why, just added aggravation!

Valued Contributor

It never fails the ones we dislike have the most staying power. I had a hard time washing the scent off myself. It reminded me of Happy by Clinique. Sorry, I thought you could return in a Penny's sephora. Maybe you could if there was not a full one in the mall. Call CS tomorrow. I've called them a few times. They were great.
Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Cardamom said: It never fails the ones we dislike have the most staying power. I had a hard time washing the scent off myself. It reminded me of Happy by Clinique. Sorry, I thought you could return in a Penny's sephora. Maybe you could if there was not a full one in the mall. Call CS tomorrow. I've called them a few times. They were great.

I must be totally confused here. She bought it in a JCP Sephora, so I have to think that she could return it there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On 4/20/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/20/2014 Cardamom said: It never fails the ones we dislike have the most staying power. I had a hard time washing the scent off myself. It reminded me of Happy by Clinique. Sorry, I thought you could return in a Penny's sephora. Maybe you could if there was not a full one in the mall. Call CS tomorrow. I've called them a few times. They were great.

I must be totally confused here. She bought it in a JCP Sephora, so I have to think that she could return it there.

Yes- I hope because I bought it at Sephora in JCP that is where I'll return it. The mall there doesn't even have a separate Sephora. I remember at Christmas I bought my sister one of those perfume sample packs. They include a bunch of sample vials & a coupon for a full size bottle of your choice. Since I bought it at JCP she couldn't redeem it at Sephora. All her malls have regular Sephora's so she had to send me the coupon & I went to JCP & got her full sized bottle. I guess they're totally separate entities.