Contributor

Hi! Can someone please describe the differences between these scents...

Hi, I am trying to see what the major differences are between Inner Grace & Living Grace. I do currently have the Inner Grace set of 3: body spritz , lotion and 3 in 1 shower gel and wanted to see if Living Grace would be a scent I would possibly like as well? TIA Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Hi! Can someone please describe the differences between these scents...

I haven't smelled Inner Grace in awhile, but if I'm recalling correctly it's primarily lavendar? Where as Living Grace smells very fresh and clean. It's a brisk wake me up kind of scent in my opinion. I think it could even be used as a unisex type fragrance. Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

I have Living Grace in the spray fragrance, 3 in 1, and body lotion. I absolutely love the 3 in 1, and like the body lotion, but I do not like the spray fragrance at all. I'm not great at describing scents, but the fragrance notes listed on the Philosophy site are neroli, lily of the valley, and musk. For me, Living Grace spray fragrance is too strong, and it has a sharp dry down on my skin that I don't like. The 3 in 1 is a really clean scent with a little bit of a peppery note. If it's considered a floral, I would say it would be really light (I'm referring to the 3 in 1 in this case. The spray fragrance is strong for me). I haven't tried Inner Grace in ages, and I remember it being too strong for me, too, but it seemed more pleasant to me than Living Grace. The Philosophy site lists the fragrance notes for Inner Grace as aqua leaf, freesia, and musk. I have read posts here from some people who love Inner Grace, but did not like Living Grace. I can't recall reading if some people really like both, but I'm sure there are people who enjoy both. It might be wise to try to buy a small product to try first, if you aren't able to smell LG in person. Good luck!

(edited to clarify)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
New Contributor

I have had the Philosophy fragrance TSV (from last Saturday) for a few days and I

am horribly disappointed in Living Grace!! It's AWFUL. Can hardly smell ANYTHING.I've only used the spray parfum... I don't see the point in opening the other products if I don't like the parfum.. I have sprayed it rather heavily and it still just disappears.

I used to like Amazing Grace but read so many negative comments about how it has changed that I don't want to try that... I'd like to do an exchange but don't know what for! I sort of liked Falling in Love when I used a tester at Ulta... don't know if they have Unconditional Love but I see it's on Waitlist now anyway.

I am so bummed!

Contributor

Thank you so much ladies for your replies!! I really appreciate it Smiley Happy I do agree that trying to ""describe"" a fragrance is so very difficult.

Super Contributor

I really like Inner Grace - it's very floral (not air freshner floral) but a nice fresh floral.

On me - all I can smell with Living Grace is the musk, which is very strong, so I am not a fan. I have a similar problem with Amazing Grace - I like the scent in the bottle, but on me, it's musky. Maybe my body chemistry just mixes and enhances those notes?

I would skip LG.

If you want to try something new, I like the new Love Swept, and love sweet love is one of my favorites - if you like citrus.

Michele

Valued Contributor

Well, I just sprayed one arm with LG and one with IG and I still can't tell you the difference. {#emotions_dlg.blush}. They are both florals but different flowers. I think you could like both. Though I like Living Grace I love Inner Grace. When I run out of LG I am not buying anymore. I know they would like me to replace my beloved Inner Grace with Living Grace but I will not.

eta: Living Grace is a little greener and IG is more feminine and beautiful. Sorry I can't help much more.

Contributor

Thanks theatrebiz & Cardamom!!! You both helped me out some more...Smiley Wink Yes, it does seem that I would not enjoy LG as MUCH as I am newly enjoying the IG.

Super Contributor

i love inner grace.howeveri can,t compare..