Not applicable

New to Philosophy - which cleanser should I start with?

Mid 50's and not happy how my facial product is working. I'd like to try Philosophy just not sure which set to start with. Any suggestions?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New to Philosophy - which cleanser should I start with?

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge they only have two cleansers. Purity and Micro Delivery exfoliating wash. I use the purity at night three times a week to remove my makeup.

I also use the exfoliating wash but I use this product in the morning three times a week.

The other days I use a different face wash for my morning and night cleansing routines.

Super Contributor

icezeus, there are two different Purity ones. There's a gel and a cream. There's a Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash as well as a Miracle Worker cleanser/mask.

Tquilter, I would recommend the Purity - (cream one that looks slightly yellow) as well as the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. You can purchase them as a set. I believe they sell them in an 8 oz, 16 oz, and a 32 oz set. I started with these and love them. They are good for all skin types. I use the Microdelivery in the morning - it's like a mini peel and love love love this one the most. I use the Purity at night and it removes the makeup really well. My face feels clean, but not overly moisturized, or overly dry.

Just wanted to also say that I'm 54. My old skin loves it.

Honored Contributor

They have another cleanser from their mattifying line for oily skin.

Super Contributor

... and they have the Purity cloths too. Forgot those as well.

Occasional Contributor

Try purity made simple cleansing gel A322812. I think it works better than the original, you need only a tiny amount to make a nice lather and it lasts a long time. Great for travel and the price is reasonable. Skin Store online has it available on an auto ship plan.Takes eye makeup off quickly without stinging the eyes. I have sensitive skin and love this product!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/12/2014 KweenB said:

icezeus, there are two different Purity ones. There's a gel and a cream. There's a Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash as well as a Miracle Worker cleanser/mask.

Tquilter, I would recommend the Purity - (cream one that looks slightly yellow) as well as the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. You can purchase them as a set. I believe they sell them in an 8 oz, 16 oz, and a 32 oz set. I started with these and love them. They are good for all skin types. I use the Microdelivery in the morning - it's like a mini peel and love love love this one the most. I use the Purity at night and it removes the makeup really well. My face feels clean, but not overly moisturized, or overly dry.

Just wanted to also say that I'm 54. My old skin loves it.

Thank you for the correction. I hate giving new people incorrect information but I only knew about the two. (smile)

Super Contributor

I think there is also a cleanser in the clear days ahead line.
Super Contributor

I suggest the Purity Made Simple Cleanser. It removes makeup and you don't need a separate eye makeup remover or toner. The Micro-delivery wash is also great. However, it doesn't remove makeup. I use it in the morning and the Purity at night. If possible, try both.

Honored Contributor

I dont like Purity, bit I do love the Microdelivery Wash, I mix a little in with my regular cleanser nightly.