Frequent Contributor

FRESH CREAM SALT SCRUB !?!?!

OMG!!!!! I just saw this on the site, under the new section...and of course it is sold out! I am beyond excited. I LOVE the scrubs, but this one is in the tube, and I dont see a size listed. Has anyone tried this? Is it 23oz like the other scrubs? I would LOVE to see the dry oil spray in this, what a pair that would make! Also I cannot find any other scrubs (jar) on the site...wonder if they are switching to the tube style?

Honored Contributor

Re: FRESH CREAM SALT SCRUB !?!?!

Did I hear correctly that there is a Fresh Cream TSV in the works? I'm waiting for it. I got a body polishing scrub at Christmas, combined with the shower gel. It is 7 oz. I don't know if it is salt or not. The problem with salt is it melts with water. I actually thought I was getting the lotion. Guess I'll start paying attention when I order.

Frequent Contributor

On 4/8/2014 depglass said:

Did I hear correctly that there is a Fresh Cream TSV in the works? I'm waiting for it. I got a body polishing scrub at Christmas, combined with the shower gel. It is 7 oz. I don't know if it is salt or not. The problem with salt is it melts with water. I actually thought I was getting the lotion. Guess I'll start paying attention when I order.

I read that on here as well, maybe June? Did you like the FC body polish? Not sure if it is the same, the one on the site said hot salt body scrub. It seems like the tube would contain a lot less though.

Honored Contributor

In the name of beauty science I just tested Fresh Cream body polishing scrub in the tube against Senor Margarita hot salt scrub in my morning shower. Just as I knew it would, the hot salt scrub worked well, but half of it falls off onto the towel I was standing on. I used the Fresh Cream body polishing scrub on the other leg and arm. Most of the product stayed on the skin until I got into the shower and rinsed it off. The granules did not melt. Both arms look good, it would take days of this test to tell if one actually scrubs better or moisturizes more. So I'm hoping any TSV has the body polishing scrub and not the salt scrub. But that's just me. Some people swear by salt scrubs or sugar scrubs.

Super Contributor

I love philosophy's salt scrubs. I wish they would bring them back in the AG and PG scents. Would love to have the fresh cream too.

Contributor

I have tried the hot salt scrubs numerous times and also the fresh cream body polishing scrub. The fresh cream body polish scrub smells fantastic but leaves your skin more soft than exfoliated, I would say. For example, if you are trying to slough off bronzer or even rough skin, the hot salt scrubs work better for that. Hope we get a TSV in June, too!

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 MainelyMommy said:

OMG!!!!! I just saw this on the site, under the new section...and of course it is sold out! I am beyond excited. I LOVE the scrubs, but this one is in the tube, and I dont see a size listed. Has anyone tried this? Is it 23oz like the other scrubs? I would LOVE to see the dry oil spray in this, what a pair that would make! Also I cannot find any other scrubs (jar) on the site...wonder if they are switching to the tube style?

Hi MainelyMommy,

Yes, I have the 7oz tube of Fresh Cream scrub. I've ordered from both QVC, and directly from Philosophy, and it definitely is not a salt scrub.

Sounds like you may not have used any of their other 7oz tubes of body scrubs? Just in case you had, I wanted to say that the 7oz tube of Fresh Cream scrub is the same formula and texture as the other two 7oz tube formulas I use - When Hope is Not Enough body scrub (now discontinued), and Summer Grace body scrub (still available at TJ Maxx/Marshalls as well as re-introduced at QVC).

I really like the formula in the 7oz tube better than the salt scrub version because it has a very hydrating, skin softening effect that lasts after I leave the shower and towel off. In the shower, the product doesn't fall away or melt away immediately upon contact with water, like my other Philosophy jar scrubs usually do (for example, Candied Pecan, Amazing Grace, Candy Cane, Coconut, etc.).

Now here is where Philosophy jumps in and confuses everyone LOL ....

The 7oz tubes I've ordered from QVC are labeled as a "Body Polishing Scrub".

The 7oz tubes on Philosophy's website are listed as a "Hot Salt Body Scrub", and show a photo of the tube with this new name. Furthermore, the ingredient deck on the Philosophy website shows a few minor changes in the last few ingredients at the very end (I compared it to the tubes I purchased from QVC).

Yet the tubes I received from Philosophy when I ordered them from their webstore a few weeks ago were labeled as a "Body Polishing Scrub", and they are exactly the same (packaging and ingredient deck) as the ones I received from QVC!

My assumption is that for now, the Philosophy webstore is shipping out the same Fresh Cream Body Polishing Scrub being sold on QVC. I don't know if/when they will swap over to the product being shown/listed on their website. They need to get this ironed out soon, so at least the customers will know what they should receive when they place an order.