Super Contributor

I finally got the chance to smell sunshine grace. Went to Ulta SPECIFICALLY to smell it...the girl was pretty (REALLY!!) clueless, she asked another girl who was also clueless. UGH! Both decided that they didn't have it yet. (I did get to sniff the cupcake scents and the two supersize martini scents--they were ok, but didn't make me have to have them.)

Then, on my way out--it's right there! sunshine grace fragrance/lotion box is right on the FRONT table! Of course, no tester. I was a bit crabby at this point, and shamefully opened the box and sprayed a good 3-4 sprays on my sweater.

Then I was really crabby. I wanted to love this scent but, I don't. It's not what I expected at all. There is one note that is very sharp (instant headache) from first spray to dry down, it doesn't fade. With all of the good reviews, I was hoping to add a new FAVORITE to my philosophy fragrance collection--sadly, not.

Since I was already covered in pure grace, I didn't spray my skin--I'm wondering if I should try it again??

Honored Contributor

I just bought one on ebay and one Loveswept on ebay,. Got the Loveswept yesterday, it is really pretty and soft.

Valued Contributor
So does it smell like the beach? I keep checking Ulta and even the mall. They all seem clueless too. Loveswept is the only new fragrance they seem to know about. I would try it again. I wouldn't go out of my way but if you are there again I would. Try it on your skin. I kept trying Giving Grace and was disappointed. On dry down on me it smells just like Living Grace.
Respected Contributor

Ha! Just chiming in to say that would have made me crabby too.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I was excited to try Sunshine Grace. The picture on the bottle was adorable and many people said that it kind of smelled like Bobbi Brown's Beach. I love Beach but I ran out of it well over a year ago. I read comments on several sites that said the fragrance was reformulated but took a chance and ordered anyway. It was awful - it was definitely not the same lovely Beach that I had been wearing for years.

Anyway, I ordered the Sunshine Grace on Drugstore.com about two weeks ago. I was even able to get 20% off my purchase so I was extra thrilled. After wearing Sunshine Grace several times I have to say that I'm completely underwhelmed. I decided to keep it and use it up but I'm not crazy about it. IMO it smells nothing like Beach. It kind of reminds me of Summer Grace, which I actually like, but to me, Sunshine Grace is just......meh.

Honored Contributor
Sunshine Grace does smell beachy. No other way to describe it really. I will be sure to stock up on this one as sales are offered. Very nice summer scent in my opinion.
Frequent Contributor

Like I said in my other post about the Sorbet gels at Nordstrom etc:

Sunshine Grace reminds me of when you are in the ocean, at the beach and you go to your towel and dry off. The dry down seems to be the ocean water, the air and then the sand all over you( and of course no one likes the sand in your shorts, lol). And typically you want to shower to get that smell off of you. It is very beachy but to me not in a great way. I mean Coppertone or Hawaiian Tropic smell better. It would have been nice maybe to take Beach Party(Pineapple Coconut) and either deepened it to make a fragrance because that is very tropical and "beachy" and it smells very good.

The sad thing was when I was at Nordstrom to get a whiff, all it took was one spray and my facial reaction said it all followed by an ewwww.
But again, others will love it and others not so much.

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 Tissyanne said: Sunshine Grace does smell beachy. No other way to describe it really. I will be sure to stock up on this one as sales are offered. Very nice summer scent in my opinion.

Hi Tissyanne. I'm glad you like the new fragrance. I love it. It smells very fresh to my nose and exactly as I expected it to be. I didn't care so much for several of the other summer fragrances Philosophy has offered the past few years but I'm really enjoying this. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 mkwanfan2 said:

Sunshine Grace reminds me of when you are in the ocean, at the beach and you go to your towel and dry off. The dry down seems to be the ocean water, the air and then the sand all over you( and of course no one likes the sand in your shorts, lol). And typically you want to shower to get that smell off of you. It is very beachy but to me not in a great way. I mean Coppertone or Hawaiian Tropic smell better. It would have been nice maybe to take Beach Party(Pineapple Coconut) and either deepened it to make a fragrance because that is very tropical and "beachy" and it smells very good.

The sad thing was when I was at Nordstrom to get a whiff, all it took was one spray and my facial reaction said it all followed by an ewwww.

Hi mkwanfan. Yes, we all like different things! Sorry it didn't work for you. Thanks for all the updates. I really appreciate them.

Respected Contributor
On 4/2/2014 mkwanfan2 said:

That would've been great, I love Beach Party! I still have some shower gel left, and a lip shine that I'm saving for the summer.