Dooney & Bourke
77 Members and 16412 Guests Online

philosophy

Amazing Grace....has it changed?

Started 1314710169.7 in philosophy | Last reply 1315544900.117 by One2watch

A few months back, I purchased three sets of the Amazing Grace in the cute pink box with perfume, lotion and a little sample of bath gel. I gave one to my sister in law...the other to my daughter and have one left. My daughter tried hers, and it doesn't smell normal. I never heard a word from my sister in law. The Spritz we got smells wonderful but the things in the little pink box smell odd.

Has it changed? Does anybody know or may I have just gotten old product? I don't want to keep them if they are not good. We should have tried them out sooner, but I bought them for gifts...and didn't want to get in to them. Will Philosophy exchange them for newer product, or is this how it smells now? Not sure what to do....somebody have a suggestion? Thanks!

Chocolate; It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Page 1 of 1
colliemom31314710831.56316508 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

I haven't purchased any for a few months but the last ones we got smelled fine.

Scooby0011314711492.933903 PostsRegistered 12/11/2007

Sounds like you got a bad batch maybe? Was the lotion ok or did that smell odd too? I just got my 4 pc set from QVC that I have been on delivery for since 2008 and it smelled fine to me - I get the shower gel, body butter, body spritz and the EDP in this set in AG. I did not smell the other items yet, except for the EDP because I wanted to use it, lol. But I would call and see if they can make good on it, can't hurt right? Do you still have your invoice or can print from the computer to show you purchased them?

Brenda

SuziQ21314783759.52542 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

Yes, we have the invoice. We got them in Spring...but they just don't smell right...either the lotion or perfume. I just would like to get nice smelling products.

ChillyTulip1314784508.6831750 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007

Sigh . . . . as a long time AG user I have read for a while of people complaining that the smell has changed and as much as I like to deny it I have to admit that yes, it has. The spray doesn't smell rancid or "bad" to me but there is definitely more of an alcohol smell to it. I rarely get a compliment anymore and I used to get a comment nearly everytime I wore it.

Scooby0011314793497.8133903 PostsRegistered 12/11/2007
On 8/31/2011 SuziQ2 said:

Yes, we have the invoice. We got them in Spring...but they just don't smell right...either the lotion or perfume. I just would like to get nice smelling products.

You didn't say where you bought this from so I am guessing QVC but if you did and don't get any resolution from QVC, I would call Philosophy and speak with Customer Service, not the person answering the phone for orders but a true customer service rep. I called about my rancid Amazing Grace buffing wash and returned it to the Sales Rep at Nordstrom who gave to their Philosophy Rep and they called me and apologized and sent me two bottles of shower gel as a replacement. Even if you bought them in the Spring they have a long shelf life - and should not go bad that quickly. I am sure they would replace or give you something to replace them with through Philosophy if the Q doesn't. Again not sure where you bought these to begin with, try the place you got them through and if no avail then call Philosophy.

Brenda

Chloey1315038458.64336 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008

I got some too that I didn't think smelled nearly as good as the spritz's did. Went thru Philosophy online.

Last edited on 9/3/2011

Last edited on 9/3/2011

Scooby0011315054051.0173903 PostsRegistered 12/11/2007
On 9/3/2011 Chloey said:

I got some too that I didn't think smelled nearly as good as the spritz's did. Went thru Philosophy online.

Last edited on 9/3/2011

I would call Philosophy and talk to them about it. They are usually good to follow through with bad batches of things. They may as to get the bottle back, but should replace it. I have a 4 oz edt and a 2 oz EDP and both seem fine to me. I would not keep a bad bottle of anything, they should cover it if it is indeed bad.

Brenda

SuziQ21315291317.072542 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

Scooby...I did get it at the Philosophy site, so will try to call them and see what they say. If this is the new AG then I will stick to the Spritz, but that doesn't last long enough.

I did buy it at the half off sale...so it could be older - maybe ones they were clearing out. If it isn't older, then maybe it is the new formula, which smells a little funky.

Last edited on 9/6/2011

Last edited on 9/6/2011

Luv Chanel­ and Ripka1315296693.3871868 PostsRegistered 7/4/2011

SuzieQ2, I have noticed on line in reviews that the cologne has been getting not so good reviews lately. People are saying that the scent does not last and some are saying what you have just said. My daughter in law wants the cologne for Christmas and I am wondering if I should get her AG somewhere else like Ulta or if it will be all of it has changed. I have been noticing what you are saying online.

Scooby0011315299879.3773903 PostsRegistered 12/11/2007
On 9/6/2011 marti loves QVC said:

SuzieQ2, I have noticed on line in reviews that the cologne has been getting not so good reviews lately. People are saying that the scent does not last and some are saying what you have just said. My daughter in law wants the cologne for Christmas and I am wondering if I should get her AG somewhere else like Ulta or if it will be all of it has changed. I have been noticing what you are saying online.

I have no problems with the Amazing Grace EDP I would go for that one marti loves for a gift as it lasts longer too.

Purse Junky1315313110.53380 PostsRegistered 10/22/2008

You all have me worried now! I bought three of the try me sets when they were 15.00 on Phil.com. Was saving them as gifts, but feel I better spray one. Are these the ones you are talking about? The number on my box says 0603510P. I used to know how to read the codes but have forgotten how.

BfloGal1315319746.7333 PostsRegistered 8/15/2011

I am a longtime Amazing Grace gal. For many years it was my signature fragrance. The body emulsion and eau de parfum were staples in my wardrobe.

Well, sad to say but I think the formula was changed when Coty took over the fragrance manufacturing for Philosophy. I equate Coty with those nasty smelling colognes like Sunflowers and Charlie.

I still have a large body emulsion, but no parfum. My heart is broken as I loved AG so much. I wish they would listen to their customers, as I am not the only diehard fan who feels this way.

sassy-011315421806.229 PostsRegistered 4/23/2010

I recently returned 2 sets of Amazing Grace and a body emulsion duo. Sad to say that the parfum has more of an alcohol smell and the faint smell of AG leaves within seconds. The lotion had no AG smell. Customer service suggested the fragrance was ruined by the heat in the hot delivery trucks. An email from Philosophy says there is no formulation change. However, I believe that with the sellout to Coty, the formulation is weakened a lot. I am very disappointed. I have been using AG for years. I cannot imagine a fragrance that could be better than the "original" scent. I suggest complaints to Philosophy and maybe they will change everything back to the way is once was.

SuziQ21315475667.7372542 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008

The Amazing Grace EDP is the one I got that doesn't smell as good. I got the little set sthru Philosophy, but they have them on the Q also...A215049. I was going to give one to my DIL for her BD and when I gave one to my daughter for her BD, it smelled odd....nothing like the old ones or like the AG Spritz she has. She prefers to wear her AG Spritz as it smells nicer...don't know what to do.

I think there may be new rules out there for EDP items...Tova's has changed also ( can't wear hers ) and people all over have been complaining. I guess they have to conform to the new rules. Maybe that's it?

SuziQ21315475734.3372542 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008
On 9/6/2011 Purse Junky said:

You all have me worried now! I bought three of the try me sets when they were 15.00 on Phil.com. Was saving them as gifts, but feel I better spray one. Are these the ones you are talking about? The number on my box says 0603510P. I used to know how to read the codes but have forgotten how.

Yes....that's what I got! I am concerned about giving it as my gift now if it won't smell like I thought it would.

Scooby0011315489903.7633903 PostsRegistered 12/11/2007
On 9/8/2011 SuziQ2 said:

The Amazing Grace EDP is the one I got that doesn't smell as good. I got the little set sthru Philosophy, but they have them on the Q also...A215049. I was going to give one to my DIL for her BD and when I gave one to my daughter for her BD, it smelled odd....nothing like the old ones or like the AG Spritz she has. She prefers to wear her AG Spritz as it smells nicer...don't know what to do.

I think there may be new rules out there for EDP items...Tova's has changed also ( can't wear hers ) and people all over have been complaining. I guess they have to conform to the new rules. Maybe that's it?

SuziQ2 I just looked up the set you got A215049 - that is not the EDP it is the fragrance in a 1 oz size. This set has been around for along time I know that. I don't doubt you that it smells bad, but is is not the EDP formula of AG. If it is bad, I would call CS at Philosophy and send one back for them to test. They will do it I am sure and then exchange for something else I would say. I know its lousy but it should be addressed.

Brenda

One2watch1315544900.06745 PostsRegistered 8/7/2008

I've posted several times here that I believe the lotion, shower gel and spritz has changed, specifically for Pure Grace and Baby Grace.

Finally, I wrote a snail mail letter to both QVC and Philosphy about the quality control. QVC called me and left a message saying they were unaware that there were complaints about the quality and consistency of the products in Philosophy line.

I suggest more people write snail mail...it seems to have more UMPH than email and comments on the forum.

Page 1 of 1