Just-Reduced Clearance
78 Members and 16253 Guests Online

philosophy

Philosophy on Overstock. $$$$$

Started 1299689176.62 in philosophy | Last reply 1299992276.713 by PLANTER

I was surprised to see that Overstock is finally selling Philosophy but some of the prices are ridiculous!

$18.63 on a Melon Daiquiri and the same on the Vanilla Birthday Cake 3in1.

The MDEW isn't horrible, a 2 pack for $46.75, so it's a bit cheaper than 2 from here or Phil.

2 8oz Purity for $22.63

WHINE serum is a bit cheaper on Overstock too.

They have an Amazing Grace $39.99 and Pure Grace $48.99 'Eau De Toilette' spray. I have never seen an EDT spray so I'm thinking this must be some old stock.

There are other items too. HERE

"It's unexplainable... like that high pitched whistle that only dogs can hear"
(thanks stilltamn8r!)

Page 1 of 1
colliemom31299689384.30716126 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

Wow that's crazy. I saw something on the news about them scamming people. Will try to look it up later because I can't remember the exacts.

Cranberries1299689848.4510718 PostsRegistered 4/14/2009

I've read some reviews about some of the other cosmetics or fragrances they sell and some reviews said the scents weren't strong, were old or not authentic. I've always been a fan of Overstock for many things but I can't help but think some of these Phil items have to be old old old.

(thanks stilltamn8r!)

BeautyHoar­der1299693811.13265 PostsRegistered 5/28/2010

Now that is just ridiculous!!!!!! Are they crazy?! They should be callled OverCHARGE.com!

I check that site alot and I have yet to see something that I have not been able to find cheaper. Almost everything I have ever searched for on that site is always more money or equal price plus shipping where as I usually don't pay shipping on anything lol.

I was so annoyed because I went on this website called Lovelyskin.com and have ordered here and there a few times but saw thhey had a huge philosophy clearance and had that hope replenshing 3-6-9 oil for $29 (40%) off so I immediatly ordered 2 of them and sure enough they never shipped it and it was not until I called that they said they did not have anymore! At what point were they going to let me know this especially since they had charged my card? If not for me inquiring-I would have never Been credited back! They even left the item up there as "in stock" long after I was told they sold out. Very shady company. I knew that price was too good to be true! Lets all hope that at some point this month philosophy.com offer's a 40% off because I think we will all explode from happiness lol

Oh and btw-while I have not seen much philosophy at T.J Maxx- the very few that I have seen have not been much cheaper and in poor condition. In fact ordering from philosophy.com with the % off coupon plus no tax still comes out way cheaper than any site or store I have come across.

Cranberries1299695306.6910718 PostsRegistered 4/14/2009
On 3/9/2011 BeautyHoarder said:

Now that is just ridiculous!!!!!! Are they crazy?! They should be callled OverCHARGE.com!

I check that site alot and I have yet to see something that I have not been able to find cheaper. Almost everything I have ever searched for on that site is always more money or equal price plus shipping where as I usually don't pay shipping on anything lol.

I was so annoyed because I went on this website called Lovelyskin.com and have ordered here and there a few times but saw thhey had a huge philosophy clearance and had that hope replenshing 3-6-9 oil for $29 (40%) off so I immediatly ordered 2 of them and sure enough they never shipped it and it was not until I called that they said they did not have anymore! At what point were they going to let me know this especially since they had charged my card? If not for me inquiring-I would have never Been credited back! They even left the item up there as "in stock" long after I was told they sold out. Very shady company. I knew that price was too good to be true! Lets all hope that at some point this month philosophy.com offer's a 40% off because I think we will all explode from happiness lol

Oh and btw-while I have not seen much philosophy at T.J Maxx- the very few that I have seen have not been much cheaper and in poor condition. In fact ordering from philosophy.com with the % off coupon plus no tax still comes out way cheaper than any site or store I have come across.

I agree! On a side note, I scan ebay fairly frequently just to window shop and hunt for some deals and sometimes I can't believe what sellers try to charge, they either sell it as the same price as phil with pricey shipping, or it's cheaper than phil but you can tell they are trying to make up the rest with shipping. I've seen some 3in1's where the shipping was $10 on a single bottle. Are you kidding me???

I always find the best deals and service on Philosophy. I really enjoy their huge % off sales and it makes it worth it to buy multiple things. I prefer Phil over QVC even, especially when you add in the taxes + S/H sometimes once that is added in you're paying $7-$10 over what the 'actual' price was.

I've never heard of lovelyskin.com but thanks for the heads up! I saw some bath items on Overstock but then after a search realized there is an actual site selling the same thing. Overstocks price were 2 times that of the actual site. Sometimes I find good deals on Overstock other times not so much.

(thanks stilltamn8r!)

claudia__a­nne1299703006.99712395 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010

I don't purchase from outlets or liquidators since selling on Ebay.

Unfortunately, we sellers can't control the post office's high rates. Anything over 13 ounces has to ship either Parcel Post (think mule) or Priority, which is much more expensive.

I try to now just stick to skincare in regards to Philosophy since I too wouldn't pay such high shipping, either.

poodlpoo1299706194.6134265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

Yeah, but it don't cost anybody TEN dollars to send ONE bottle of shower gel!!!!

I don't know who is more stupid, the ebay sellers or the buyers. I see single bottles of WEN go for 35-40 dollars....REALLY? WHY???

Who would pay that much money and buy from someone you don't know, can't guaruntee the quality, etc, etc, when you can go buy the same thing from the retailer for LESS? That line of thinking is completely ridiculous to me. Who does that?

Obviously a lot of people, or Ebay sellers wouldn't be charging the ridiculous prices they do!!

Furthermore, I just sent back FIFTEEN bottles of Philosophy shower gels, and it cost me FOURTEEN dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purse Junky1299708986.823380 PostsRegistered 10/22/2008
On 3/9/2011 poodlpoo said:

Yeah, but it don't cost anybody TEN dollars to send ONE bottle of shower gel!!!!

I don't know who is more stupid, the ebay sellers or the buyers. I see single bottles of WEN go for 35-40 dollars....REALLY? WHY???

Who would pay that much money and buy from someone you don't know, can't guaruntee the quality, etc, etc, when you can go buy the same thing from the retailer for LESS? That line of thinking is completely ridiculous to me. Who does that?

Obviously a lot of people, or Ebay sellers wouldn't be charging the ridiculous prices they do!!

Furthermore, I just sent back FIFTEEN bottles of Philosophy shower gels, and it cost me FOURTEEN dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree that the sellers are smarter than the buyers. I was scanning ebay one evening looking at Juicy Couture products. I work for the fragrance division and have a very hard time getting testers and samples sent to me. It never fails that when I look on ebay, there are always lots of them. Don't know if one area of the US gets most of them or if they are stolen off trucks or what. Anyway, I am looking and I find this idiot who is selling blotter cards. These are the cards you spray the fragrance on to smell and then throw it away. He is calling these cards gift tags and note cards and is selling them ten for 2.99 plus 0.99 shipping. I laughed my a@@ off until I found several people have bought them. I have fifty zillion of these things...they come a hundred or so in a pack for FREE!! I went to the bottom of the page where you can ask a question and told him that he had some nerve to be selling these things as gift tags, and that I worked for the company and knew what they really were. He even called them authentic Juicy Couture gift tags. Just wish there was a way to get people for false advertising. Needless to say he never answered my question.

colliemom31299710561.53716126 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

I'm not going to totally bash ebay because I've bought some great items there at a good price. I don't shop there often, but have shopped there.

However, one of the funniest things I've seen lately is people selling the free Philosophy birthday shower gel Sephora gives anyone on their birthday! Maybe some people aren't Sephora customers and fall for it. They must.

Last edited on 3/9/2011

Last edited on 3/9/2011

Purse Junky1299715002.667380 PostsRegistered 10/22/2008
On 3/9/2011 colliemom3 said:

I'm not going to totally bash ebay because I've bought some great items there at a good price. I don't shop there often, but have shopped there.

However, one of the funniest things I've seen lately is people selling the free Philosophy birthday shower gel Sephora gives anyone on their birthday! Maybe some people aren't Sephora customers and fall for it. They must.

Last edited on 3/9/2011

I love e-bay. This guy just really ticked me off selling bits of paper that a throw in the trash all day long, and I want to pinch the fools that buy it.

Daysdee1299715842.4619015 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

Those items may be old. TJMaxx report: zero Philosophy here.

SuziQ21299720292.9972529 PostsRegistered 9/18/2008
On 3/9/2011 Purse Junky said:

I have to agree that the sellers are smarter than the buyers. I was scanning ebay one evening looking at Juicy Couture products. I work for the fragrance division and have a very hard time getting testers and samples sent to me. It never fails that when I look on ebay, there are always lots of them. Don't know if one area of the US gets most of them or if they are stolen off trucks or what. Anyway, I am looking and I find this idiot who is selling blotter cards. These are the cards you spray the fragrance on to smell and then throw it away. He is calling these cards gift tags and note cards and is selling them ten for 2.99 plus 0.99 shipping. I laughed my a@@ off until I found several people have bought them. I have fifty zillion of these things...they come a hundred or so in a pack for FREE!! I went to the bottom of the page where you can ask a question and told him that he had some nerve to be selling these things as gift tags, and that I worked for the company and knew what they really were. He even called them authentic Juicy Couture gift tags. Just wish there was a way to get people for false advertising. Needless to say he never answered my question.

You can report him to ebay if you like. That is all I think you can really do.

Chocolate; It's not just for breakfast anymore.

poodlpoo1299722238.1674265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

Last edited on 3/9/2011

colliemom: No disrespect to your thoughts, but I was wondering why that is wrong? I got one, and I don't really want it. I was thinking about selling it too. Why is that wrong? IMO, it is like getting a gift you don't like and returning it to get something you do like.

colliemom31299724898.0216126 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

Last edited on 3/9/2011

colliemom: No disrespect to your thoughts, but I was wondering why that is wrong? I got one, and I don't really want it. I was thinking about selling it too. Why is that wrong? IMO, it is like getting a gift you don't like and returning it to get something you do like.

Hi Poodlpoo! I didn't say it was wrong. I just found it funny. To laugh at it was my response. That's just how it struck me - as funny. I never thought of it as getting a gift and returning it. If you decide to sell it then I wish you luck.

poodlpoo1299971868.064265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

Last edited on 3/9/2011

Hi Poodlpoo! I didn't say it was wrong. I just found it funny. To laugh at it was my response. That's just how it struck me - as funny. I never thought of it as getting a gift and returning it. If you decide to sell it then I wish you luck.

Thanks..I was just curious on your thoughts on it. I don't come here much, thus the lack of response earlier.

DARKNESSIN­LIGHT1299980924.587123 PostsRegistered 3/12/2011FROM A LAND DOWN UNDER

Love overstock.com

~~ONLY THE FALLEN WILL RAISE BACK UP~~

PLANTER1299992276.713686 PostsRegistered 1/31/2011

Last edited on 3/9/2011

It is unethical is all. If you get something for free, you should not charge someone else for it. If you do not want it, give it to someone else for free. It will make their day.

Page 1 of 1