Creede Silver Sale
122 Members and 12842 Guests Online

philosophy

Philosophy for Acne-Prone, Oily 40 year old skin????

Started 1290907427.483 in philosophy | Last reply 1290962620.84 by joyceb
replies

I am 40 years old with very oily, acnegenic skin. I have tried alot of products including Clinique Acne, Proactiv, SSC Continuously Clear, Paula's Choice, drug store products, EL and numerous others. While in Ulta today, the SA suggested i try Philosophy's line (again). i tried it several years ago but didn't care for it then. Today i purchased Purity, Microdelivery wash, help me and Hope in a bottle. I am trying this for the first time tonight with my clarisonic. She also told me I needed the microdelivery peel and when hope is not enough serum. I did not purchased the later two products yet. Has anyone experienced great results with these combined products for oily/acne?? is the microdelivery peel & WHINE serum???? Any feedback would be appreciated! i will post my progress. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
shiloh 811290908552.787730 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010
I would recomend the philosophy on a clear day kit on philosophy.com or you can get it at sephora for $65. My causin started this kit about a month ago I just seen her on thanksgiving and OMG I couldn't beleave how much her skin improved. She said it is the best acne kit she's ever used and she had tried tons I promise.

Blond, green eyes, and fair skin

srgtdj1290908838.3486 PostsRegistered 8/13/2007

I also have acne prone skin in my late 40's--although as I age my skin is less oily and becoming more dry. I use Purity everyday to remove makeup and have had no problems with it. And I use the Microdelivery Scrub in the shower on my face every other day. I don't use the other Philosophy face products though, they did not agree with my skin. I do use the Peter Thomas Roth pads daily and my skin LOVES those. I hope you have success with your new finds!

One other note re: the Clarisonic. I find that I have to be very careful with mine or it actually makes my skin break out. I use it for just 1/2 the recommended time and I clean it well after every use. Just thought I'd pass that along to a fellow acne-prone gal!

Catstamper1290919010.8775921 PostsRegistered 1/28/2009Baltimore area

On one of her appearances this year Cristina suggested the Microdelivery Enzyme Peel rather than the 2 part Microdelivery Peel for acne and breakout-prone skin. I use that and the Great Mystery, and think they've helped with my skin. I do love the miracle worker pads. I had gotten them, finished them and decided it wasn't doing anything, so I didn't replace them. A couple weeks later I was looking at myself and thinking my skin looked muddy and bumpy, so I got the pads asap. It's looking better. Nothing I try reduces the oil output, so if anyone has any suggestions for that, I'm all ears!

Cat
Fairly medium BE, brownish gold hair with weird white highlights (where did they come from???) green eyes, except when they're blue! In memory of my Jazzie Cat, who went to kitty heaven.

Smurfette1290922034.282214 PostsRegistered 5/27/2007Under the Moonlight

I have very similar skin, it seems, from reading your post (I am 41). I used to use very harsh ingredients such as salicylic acid or glycolic acid when washing my face.

For the past 6 months or so, I started the Purity Made Simple/Microdelivery Wash instead. I find that this is more gentle, so my skin does not need to produce MORE oil b/c I am stripping the surface oil every time I wash my face.

In the AM, I use argan oil as my "treatment." Amazingly, this has actually helped my skin. It soaks into my skin immediately and just leaves a beautiful glow.

I use my Clarisonic both AM and PM (even with the Microdelivery Wash). FYI...I have been using the Clarisonic for over 3.5 years so my skin is quite used to it!!

I alternate between the Oxygen Peel and the Microdelivery Enzyme Peel. From what I have read, the Oxygen Peel is indicated for congested skin (I have skin that tends toward congested...blackheads. Ugh!).

JaredsMom1290947186.27758 PostsRegistered 2/16/2006

Thanks ladies for your input. U guys rock! Smurfette, which do u like better, the oxygen peel or the microdelivery peel? The SA at Ulta recommended the microdelivery. Her skin was like mine and she said it worked great for her. I only wanted to try one right now.

stephtx1290961869.9919 PostsRegistered 12/7/2007

one thing u can try is witchazel! my girls and i have tried a ton of acne products including philosophy! i love philosophy but for acne the witchazel works best! 3 dollars at the store!

joyceb1290962620.841241 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007Clinton Twp. MI

When my skin was breaking out more several years ago, I found that the hope in a bottle was the best moisturizer for me to use and help me was the best nighttime retinol or treatment for me. They both helped my skin a lot. Still use hope in a bottle frequently, I alternate it with the MW products, especially in colder weather. I think the products you have are good to start. The acne line (on a clear day) is very effective, too, I just didn't care for the smell of some of the products. The microdelivery peel is good, but I found that if my skin was in the midst of a breakout, it irritated it more because of the granules in it. The oxygen peel is supposed to be better for acne. My favorite now is the enzyme peel in the tube. HTH - good luck! Joyce

Page 1 of 1