Just-Reduced Clearance
77 Members and 15625 Guests Online

philosophy

Where is Dara Lynn?? I miss her

Started 1287199035.82 in philosophy | Last reply 1287332193.177 by xara
replies

Haven't seen Dara Lynn on the philosophy programs in ages. Other than the beauty awards show. I heard Jill say I think, or maybe I misunderstood her, "When Dara worked for philosophy."

Philosophy has in my opinion changed a lot since Cristina sold the company, and not for the better. Just my opinion. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Has anyone else heard if Dara Lynn is still with philosophy? If she isn't I wish her all the best of course.

Page 1 of 1
colliemom31287199539.73715536 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

I don't know what happened to her, but I will agree that the company has changed. I thought it was better when Cristina was in charge.

I was going to tell you all this and see if it happened to you. I got these crazy receipts with my last few orders and they had all sorts of odd numbers on them that made no sense adding up to the purchase price. Then they charged me a dollar for some samples. I never called them, but I just won't get samples anymore. I already have a drawer full. It's just things like that and that website of theirs that make me wonder about the people running the company. Plus I don't think some of the products are as good as they used to be IMO.

Tissyannie1287203625.66563 PostsRegistered 6/26/2010

My issues with Philosophy have been related to their website and not with receiving my orders or pricing. $1.00 for samples is really strange. I would not have liked that either. I have seen changes in the products that are just now coming out though- they are not nearly as unique as what they were when Cristina was in charge. Beloved scents are being discontinued constantly and to me we almost skipped entirely over fall products. Here we are in mid October and the holiday products are everywhere it seems. We may be seeing spring sets being offered soon. lol

Last edited on 10/15/2010

Last edited on 10/15/2010

I go to prepare a place for you, in my father's house are many mansions.

colliemom31287237162.38715536 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

Lol Tissaynnie. I agree. I read the company is for sale again. I wonder what things will be like when someone else buys it? Hopefully they won't get worse. Didn't Cristina say the last date she will be with Philosophy is Dec. or am I misunderstanding?

daiseyo1287237240.535508 PostsRegistered 6/8/2008

Dara mentioned on her Facebook that she will be back for the October 23 and 24 shows. :)

GracieB1287237573.583480 PostsRegistered 9/1/2007

I agree the company has changed. I had to quit using Purity because my face kept breaking out. I had to quit the Miracle worker because the serum left my face orange. The only thing I can tolerate now is the 3 in 1 and I wonder if that will have to be out of my routine once I finish my current supply. Such a shame because I really liked Philosophy face care. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

LoriLori1287241994.3875085 PostsRegistered 4/4/2008
On 10/15/2010 colliemom3 said:

...I was going to tell you all this and see if it happened to you. I got these crazy receipts with my last few orders and they had all sorts of odd numbers on them that made no sense adding up to the purchase price. Then they charged me a dollar for some samples. I never called them, but I just won't get samples anymore. I already have a drawer full. It's just things like that and that website of theirs that make me wonder about the people running the company. Plus I don't think some of the products are as good as they used to be IMO.

Colliemom3, wish this was a separate thread, hate to hijack BUT:

It happened to me with one order and not the next. At the time I was ordering I made a few changes AFTER starting the checkout process. Well, it kept asking me to select samples each time. So I did, I had to. And ended up with eight samples all together.

When the receipt was done, and when the order came, there were crazy amounts assigned to the samples, forty-nine cents for a few and fifty cents for the rest. BUT when I added up the bill it came to exactly the right amount. And I looked at it again and even though they "charged" for the samples the computer deducted from the rest of my order to make up that money.

So even though the computer did some goofy things allocating costs, in fact I wasn't charged for the samples at all and the bottom line was correct.

The next order I placed, just a day or so later, didn't have that problem.

I guess we can expect glitches in their computer system since it's still relatively new. I know I've been trying to post a review for days and it says something like review submission is disabled.

colliemom31287245435.96715536 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010

Thanks for sharing your experience with me Lori. When it happened to me I thought it was rather odd, but didn't think too much of it since others have had issues with the new website and orders etc. I guess you're right and that it could be a computer generated error. I thought perhaps someone working there was just being careless.

Shaunac1287279156.4132972 PostsRegistered 9/22/2010
On 10/16/2010 colliemom3 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with me Lori. When it happened to me I thought it was rather odd, but didn't think too much of it since others have had issues with the new website and orders etc. I guess you're right and that it could be a computer generated error. I thought perhaps someone working there was just being careless.

Not a computer error. The same situation that happened with LoriLori happened with me, too. Also, my receipt said I was charged for s/h, but when I added it all up, I was not. I called customer service and they said that's just the way the receipts read and they realize they are hard to understand, but I was not being charged for the sample or the s/h.

Shauna

xara1287332193.163639 PostsRegistered 10/12/2007a Northern Peninsula
On 10/16/2010 LoriLori said:
On 10/15/2010 colliemom3 said:

...I was going to tell you all this and see if it happened to you. I got these crazy receipts with my last few orders and they had all sorts of odd numbers on them that made no sense adding up to the purchase price. Then they charged me a dollar for some samples. I never called them, but I just won't get samples anymore. I already have a drawer full. It's just things like that and that website of theirs that make me wonder about the people running the company. Plus I don't think some of the products are as good as they used to be IMO.

Colliemom3, wish this was a separate thread, hate to hijack BUT:

It happened to me with one order and not the next. At the time I was ordering I made a few changes AFTER starting the checkout process. Well, it kept asking me to select samples each time. So I did, I had to. And ended up with eight samples all together.

When the receipt was done, and when the order came, there were crazy amounts assigned to the samples, forty-nine cents for a few and fifty cents for the rest. BUT when I added up the bill it came to exactly the right amount. And I looked at it again and even though they "charged" for the samples the computer deducted from the rest of my order to make up that money.

So even though the computer did some goofy things allocating costs, in fact I wasn't charged for the samples at all and the bottom line was correct.

On my last Phil site order I had selected my 2 samples then went back to change my choices, couldn't get the original 2 to delete so the receipt showed I was getting 4 but also showed charges of $1.20 and 85 cents etc. I was close to the $50 in order to get free s/h and figured if I had to spend $3 to get free shipping at least I was getting something for it and it was fine. Bottom line I was over the $50, got free s/h, got 4 free samples and was not charged.

Last time I got free samples from Q????? been so long I can't remember!

Page 1 of 1