Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner March 2 - 8, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner March 2 - 8, 2015

Happy Monday morning! Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. With only an inch of new snow we don't have to shovel so that is a good thing!

Prayers going out, always, to those in need. Special prayers this morning for Schatzie.

Take care and stay warm.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning to all and there fur children. I will echo sheltie.. special prayers for Schatzie. Have a nice day all.

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing that all of you dear PCCers have a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Sending out lots of very special prayers to sweet Schatzie and to all of the other precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Ouch! Once again fell on my ample bum.... I was going to retrieve my garbage cans that the garbage men left in the middle of the street. That was nice of them...Did not hurt anything but my pride. Just some comic relief from this horrible weather. Only 19 more days till spring.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Matty6 said:

Ouch! Once again fell on my ample bum.... I was going to retrieve my garbage cans that the garbage men left in the middle of the street. That was nice of them...Did not hurt anything but my pride. Just some comic relief from this horrible weather. Only 19 more days till spring.

So many of us have had our share of falls lately.....ugh. I am glad that you are okay!

I hope everyone says warm and safe....with continued healing to all who are struggling. Hugs to furbabies!

Super Contributor

Happy Monday evening ....

Now that March is upon us, I have high hopes for the upcoming spring weather. Perhaps in the next few months, we will have forgotten about the miserable winter and misfortunes we've endured. EVERYONE here and your families have a safe and healthy week!

Blessings to all.

(¯`'•.¸//(*_*)\¸.•'´¯)

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies!

Doxie: LOTS of prayers for you and sweet Schatzie! (((((Schatzie)))))

Matty, Luvs, Lucy and anyone else who has fallen or is sick, prayers for your healing!

Sheltie and Beastie, thank you for your words of comfort and prayers each week.

May God bless everyone this first week of March! As a Kindergarten teacher I have to say, "Happy Birthday, Dr.Seuss!!"Smile

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Super Contributor

OMG....I am so very upset: I just let out our black Lab and she chased a bunny all around the yard and then cornered it and the noise from the little bunny will haunt me all night. It was HORRIBLE. She has never done anything like that before. My husband raced outside to deal with the whole thing while I comforted our rescue terrier as she knew that the Lab was in big trouble. I realize dogs do these things, but I have never experienced this first hand. My husband is so not happy that she did not listen to his command to "Leave it."

I can hardly stand thinking about any hurt or abandoned animal and now our Lab hurt one. I am near tears. Plus the pain from my knee when I fell over the weekend and a long day at work....needless to say I am not in a good space at the moment.

Any words of wisdom will be so gratefully appreciated. Thanks to everyone for listening and for your good wishes re: my fall. I hope everyone is healing from their falls/medical issues and all furbabies are doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

lucylvr!! I know what you're feeling about the baby rabbit. A few years ago I was out walking our Doxie mix Angie and she grabbed a baby rabbit from under a bush right in front of me. It was horrid, just horrid. I still think about it. I was so mad at her at for the rest of the day I could hardly look at her. But as you said, they do this, they're dogs. But it is so awful to have to witness it on such lovely sweet little creatures as rabbits, especially the babies. I know what you're feeling, if that helps. I can't hear of or watch any kind of animal cruelty without stewing about it for days and days. I can't help the way I am. I hope you're in a little less pain with your knee everyday.

Doxie hoping to see your post telling us everything is ok now with your baby.Missing you!

The weather here is awful..a combination of sleet and snow and high winds. It's been relentless. But when I see the New England weather, I have to shut my mouth and realize it could be a lot worse here.

Went to a goodbye party for my favorite neighbor last night. My neighborhood is changing now, all of us who had our kids here are moving and young couples are coming in again..I think it's time for us to move on, too.

Wishing you all a great rest of your week. You're all in my good thoughts along with the furry ones.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth