Trusted Contributor

for our cat, Daisy. She is almost 18 years old and appears to be nearing the end.

She was fine over the weekend, with no other issues than those of normal "old age." She has also been treated for hyperthyroidism for the past 4 1/2 years, and has been very stable.

Then, on Monday, she took a sudden turn for the worst. She has stopped eating, unless we syringe feed. She is drinking more than usual, but still not a lot. And, she seems to just be in a daze and would continuously sleep, all curled up in my rocker, if we didn't try to get some nutrition into her. I'm kind of suspecting her kidneys may be giving out, or that maybe she had a small stroke. Or, since she is about 88 years in people years, maybe it's just her time....

She doesn't seem to know who she is or who we are this evening. I had a lengthy discussion with our vet, and we are taking her in tomorrow morning.

My heart is breaking, yet again. We lost our dog, Dudley, back in October, and that pain hasn't yet healed.

Please keep her in your prayers, so that she crosses the Bridge in peace.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

Re: We need your prayers....

I'm sorry only shops. I will keep Daisy and your family in my prayers. We all know this day will come with each of our furbabies, but it is so hard. Sending you a caring hug...
Esteemed Contributor

Daisy and your entire family are in our prayers. She must be very special, and she's had a wonderfully long life because of your love and care. This part of their journey is never easy and it's always too soon to even contemplate. Please keep us posted on your beloved kitty.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much, Sheltie Mom. For some reason, I thought she would "always" be with us. Or at least, be with us for just a little longer, since the hole in our lives that our Dudley left behind is still so new.

I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that she had two scary health episodes over the years, and I feel like we gave her an extra 7 years. She's been one tough little girl, and I think she is just all tired out.

Trusted Contributor

Sammycat1, your prayers are greatly appreciated.

She's our last fur baby, and it feels like she's been with us forever.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you have to go through this so soon. It sounds like you are making the right decision from what you described. We have to do things we hate for the love of our special pets so they are free to roam again.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, luvmyteddy. I've watched Daisy drift just a little further away this evening. Making this final decision for our pets is one of the hardest things we have to do. However, knowing that this is only going to get worse for her, makes the decision just a little easier.

She's been such a special kitty and part of our family for so long. There is no way I could watch her suffer and wait for nature to take it's final course.

Honored Contributor

I am saddened to hear about your beloved Daisy. It is so hard to make the decision to let them go, but of course in the end it truly is our final gift. You have already been there, so you know. Bless you and yours in the days ahead.
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry and am crying. Even though Daisy has apparently lived a beautifly long life we are never ready to lose them.Keeping you both in my prayers.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear about the Loss of your Fur Baby Daisy

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~