Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner Feb. 23 - March 2, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner Feb. 23 - March 2, 2015

It's another chilly Monday morning here in WNY. After a balmy weekend in the 20s, it was 2 when I just had Lily out. But at least we are heading into March so hopefully we will all thaw out soon!

Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue always for those in need, with special prayers for Panda, Matty's DH and one of our dear friends here on the pet chat whose furbaby is sick.

Please take care and stay warm!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning to all and there fur babies. Thank you Sheltie, Steven is doing a little bit better each day he goes back to his regular heart doctor this Saturday. But, he says he feels like a human being again which to him means he's feeling better, Yesterday, we were in the upper forties the sun was out for a little bit and the vitamin D felt wonderful. I love winter but this was too much... snow and fidget cold. Or perhaps{#emotions_dlg.glare} that is my 54 years talking?Wink Have a nice day to all, and thanks for starting us out every week. Sheltie what would we do without you?

Honored Contributor

Monday Afternoon Greetings

Yesterday was such a tease...the SUN was out,there were no heinous icy cold blowing winds and it was 46 degrees!!!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I was almost ready to put on a bikini (if I owned one)!!!{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Today it's back to the cold and plummeting temps!{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Hoping that all of you dear PCCer's had a wonderful day today and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday dear PCC friends and furbabies!

I am hoping this finds everyone warm inside. More prayers to those of you still deep in the chill! Hopefully with March coming that it will warm up! Blessings for a wonderful week to everyone here!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone. Hope your Monday is going well. It's cold here but I guess it's cold everywhere. I did manage to take Angie for a short, fast walk. She loves her walks and I feel bad when she doesn't get one.

Doxie!!! where the blazes have you been?

Haven't heard any adventures of you and those girls of yours for awhile and I for one am missing them. What's the story? Hope you and the furkins are ok.

I'm glad to read that life for you, Matty, is returning to the new normal without your sweet Sandy. Hoping that your family continues in good health.

Sheltie,thank you for doing what you do so faithfully for us.

It's been pretty quiet around here for the most part. I babysat with my little nieces a few days last week. Whew!! They are so much fun and keep me laughing all day.I have to go to their home to watch them, Daisy and Angie are not that great with children and the girls are 1 and 3. Too much to have to lock my dogs up all day.

Panda, always wishing good health for you. I know this has been such a harsh harsh winter for you Southern Belles.

NCChnge Lucy, Beastie,Q,Shark and all of you kind people here, hope your week goes great from me Angie and Daisy.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

Happy Monday Evening to PCC friends and furbabies!

I must share a bit of drama from yesterday afternoon: my husband and I were gone for just a few hours, and our troops were not happy that we left them. Upon our return home, they had ripped apart one of their dog beds and teeny, tiny pieces of foam/stuffing were STREWN all over the living room and the furniture. OMG! We just stood there and stared, as if we were hoping it would all disappear if we looked hard enough. Sigh.....they clearly knew they were in deep trouble: they have been very cute and well-behaved since. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Thanks to all of you for your great posts and for sharing yourselves--both happy times and difficult struggles. I hope that each of you and your families stay strong. Hugs to all furbabies and best wishes for a safe and warm week!

Super Contributor

Happy Wednesday. May all of your fur-children be in a warm, cozy chair or pet bed! Hope no harsh weather-related travesties happened in your region this week.

What's going on in Georgia .... I watched the disturbing news reports of frigid temps and icy highways with multi-car accidents. Will this horrible winter ever end?

At our Primary School, a few pipes froze but somehow caused the sprinkler system to turn on Sunday; staff was not aware until Monday a.m. .... most of K-2 classrooms suffered water damage .... new computers, electronic white boards, and instructional material were affected. Classes being held in area churches for 2 wks. (Panda, I thought you would find this interesting.)

Valued Contributor

Honk, happy hump day. It is still cold. I will try to catch up with all these great posts when my fingers thaw out. Prayers continue for those in need.
Super Contributor

Hi Sheltie, MoJo, Beastie, Panda, Luvs, Lucy and Matty. Stopping by to say hello. Been an awful winter in Connecticut this year. Been feeling lousey. Flu, fell down the stairs and tore a few ligaments in my foot, and other issues. Dont want to sound so complaining, lot's of people have a lot worse!! So haven't been able to walk Hero much. Starting to feel better, but still hurts. But Hero doesn't like cold and wind, so he's ok. Will be walking regularly soon I hope. We're all waiting for this darn winter to end.

Lucy, I can relate to your munchkins doing that. Our first dog JD had issues with that. One day my son called and told me to sit down. Told me JD tore the living room couch apart. One day one of our guys pulled all the curtains off the windows. Garbage pail was always an issue too. NOT FUN !! Gotta love them {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Beastie, we had one day recently it was in the 30s. It did feel balmy. Then it went back down the next day. My sister-in-law is upstate NY, she's had it awful. Usually 10 or more degrees colder than us and a lot more snow. She's been sick since Halloween. Everybody will happy when spring arrives.

Kiss the furbabies for Hero and I. Stay warm and safe.