Esteemed Contributor

Panda..I know you will like this!

http://www.clickertraining.com/a-nose-for-danger-diabetic-alert-dogs-save-lives

Panda! Two nights ago I awoke to Emmy making snorting sounds..like she needed to go outside. She sleeps in her bed right beside me. I tried to get up and couldn't. I was disoriented, shaky and soaking wet! I knew I was in trouble! I thought my blood sugar was high..and managed to get to the bathroom and took some insulin, (as I fell asleep and forgot to take it) That only made things worse! My son came home and I told him I was having trouble seeing, felt faint and disoriented. He said I needed to test my blood sugar. It was 44..Not good. He got me a candy bar..and I slowly felt better.

Emmy woke me, and after reading this article I am sure she could smell my blood sugar was low..like in this article. She has done this before..and when I shared this with a friend, she told me she had a friend that was a diabetic and he had a service dog that saved his life..he would alert him when he needed insulin! I found this article and I was amazed that dogs could do this! I am so grateful to Emmy..I have already had a stroke and now I feel confident knowing she is watching out for me! She truly is MY angel!! (Her birthday was Feb 5 and I got her a darling argyle sweater and an argyle dress, for Valentine's day!) I figured you would like my story..I always knew she was special! When I adopted her she had been living with a woman with cancer, and she told me she slept with her all day, and that Emmy was a healing dog!! She was right!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Re: Panda..I know you will like this!

Aww...emmysmom, I am so glad Miss Emmy is your angel on Earth. I am so glad you are ok and she is by your side! I definitely needed that story today. I have an unspoken prayer request (my health hasn't changed, hubby and I are fine and my family is fine). I believe in the power of prayer and am grateful for the friends I have here! You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for sending that awesome website and for your friendship! Love to you and Miss Emmy!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/11/2015 panda lady said:

Aww...emmysmom, I am so glad Miss Emmy is your angel on Earth. I am so glad you are ok and she is by your side! I definitely needed that story today. I have an unspoken prayer request (my health hasn't changed, hubby and I are fine and my family is fine). I believe in the power of prayer and am grateful for the friends I have here! You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for sending that awesome website and for your friendship! Love to you and Miss Emmy!

Panda

Panda, you are on my prayer list and God knows why and how to fix it, He's our daddy, (Abba) after all and you're His precious daughter! Sending love back at ya!!{#emotions_dlg.wub} EM

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

emmysmom: I am SO glad that you are okay and that Miss Emmy is in your life! I was recently reading in our ""Just Labs"" magazine about this very issue--therapy dogs who can sense blood sugar issues. You and Emmy are a great team! Blessings to you both!

Super Contributor

On 2/11/2015 panda lady said:

Panda

Many prayers, Panda! Take care of yourself and DH....many blessings to you!

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 lucylover64 said:

emmysmom: I am SO glad that you are okay and that Miss Emmy is in your life! I was recently reading in our "Just Labs" magazine about this very issue--therapy dogs who can sense blood sugar issues. You and Emmy are a great team! Blessings to you both!

Thank you so much Lucylover..we are a great team!{#emotions_dlg.wub} Dogs can help prevent strokes and heart attacks, and they can smell cancer. I always knew they were special..but had no idea they had this capacity. Of course they can smell drugs, bombs etc and protect the servicemen, many times giving their lives!

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 2/12/2015 emmysmom said:

emmysmom: I am SO glad that you are okay and that Miss Emmy is in your life! I was recently reading in our "Just Labs" magazine about this very issue--therapy dogs who can sense blood sugar issues. You and Emmy are a great team! Blessings to you both!

Thank you so much Lucylover..we are a great team!{#emotions_dlg.wub} Dogs can help prevent strokes and heart attacks, and they can smell cancer. I always knew they were special..but had no idea they had this capacity. Of course they can smell drugs, bombs etc and protect the servicemen, many times giving their lives!

You are so welcome! I simply cannot imagine dogs not being in our lives! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/12/2015 emmysmom said:

You are so welcome! I simply cannot imagine dogs not being in our lives! Smile

Me neither!

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Hi emmysmom and lucylover64!

I wanted to write to request prayers for my friend who has the same disease that I do. Where I am stabilized, she is suffering and is awaiting life saving surgery!

Thank you, ladies!

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Super Contributor

On 2/19/2015 panda lady said:

Hi emmysmom and lucylover64!

I wanted to write to request prayers for my friend who has the same disease that I do. Where I am stabilized, she is suffering and is awaiting life saving surgery!

Thank you, ladies!

Panda

Hi, Panda-

I will very much keep your friend in my prayers....blessings to you and your family as well.