Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner February 2 - 8, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner February 2 - 8, 2015

Happy snowy Monday! Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.sad}It is 46 here in central NJ and raining this morning. But, tomorrow it is suppose to get colder so it will be a ice skating rink by this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

Super Contributor

Good Morning! We got about 15 inches of snow with a high of 18 today. This morning the snow has stopped and the sun is shining....it really is beautiful out! The dogs are like rabbits hopping around all over the backyard: yesterday our black Lab looked like a Dalmatian as the snow was falling at rapid rates! LOL! Our rescue terrier mix is currently curled up on our bed after sticking her face out the backdoor and made a U-turn back into the house. I don't blame her! Bbbrrr! Hope everyone stays safe and warm!
Super Contributor

Matty6: you are so amazing! I saw your update on last week's thread about the cats--bless you for caring and all you do!
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}For some strange reason my first post was deleted. Hoping this week is a good one for everybody, and there fur children.Smile

Honored Contributor

Thanks Q ! New shipping rate policy.

Dear Valued QVC Customer,

Every day we’re working hard to deliver more value to you—as we always have. Today is no exception. We’re excited to offer new S&H rates on most items where we charge shipping & handling for standard delivery, starting February 2, 2015.

• All apparel, beauty, and jewelry ships at $3, regardless of price or weight.
  • Most items under $50 and less than 1 lb ship at $3.
  • Most other items under $100 and 1 lb or more ship at $5 or $7.
  • Items $100 or more ship at existing S&H rates; however, many of these include S&H or offer free S&H.

As part of this change, we will no longer discount S&H when you buy two or more items in the same order, but our new S&H rates will benefit you in many cases.

In addition, we will continue to refund original S&H on returns if an item is defective or we made an error; however, effective with orders placed on or after February 17, 2015, if you return the item for any other reason, we will no longer refund the original S&H.

We sincerely thank you for shopping with us, and hope this makes your shopping experience at QVC even better.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies!

I hope everyone is off to a wonderful week and staying warm. Prayers for all of the animals out in the bitterly cold elements! May God protect them. Just want to say thank you to this group. Everyone here is special to me and I am blessed! Give your furbabies hugs from me!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Tuesday Morning Greetings

Just like so many of you I'm also dealing with yet more snow and Arctic temps and hope that those of you who are "in the same boat" get through this safe and sound.

My heart goes out to all of the homeless animals and all of the wildlife that have no place to seek shelter from this horrible weather.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

As I live in a heavily wooded area (I'm at the edge of a state park) there are lots of deer,wild turkeys and other assorted wildlife.

I waited until the snow finally stopped falling yesterday, went to the an area near the edge of the woods and dug a large hole into the snow until I reached the frozen grass. I then put a mixture of apples and bird seed all over the ground so that the deer,the turkeys,the squirrels and the birds have something to eat. I do this every winter because I can't bear to see any animal go hungry.

Wishing all of you pawsome PCCer's a fabulous day.Smile

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} How about a "funny" for you folks this morning? Well it was 10 degrees last night and only 20 this morning. We had a few inches of snow which iced up quite nicely. We were stuck in our house until Steve was able to break the ice so we can let our poor rescue dogs [all bundled up mind you ] in the back yard. They slid, skated and sniffed and shivered until all finished there very important business out there. We were not able to put the door to our backyard back on properly so it is just hanging there. We can not put it back until our ice melts. Its not broken it is frozen stiff. So Steven boarded it up for the time being so we will not freeze every time we go into the kitchen. We had to bring our animals and there toys, food bowls and treats up to the second floor in our house. We raised the heat and it reminded all of us of Super storm Sandy not the door incident but, the chilly drafty feeling in the house. Okay, now the paperboy delivered the paper just not to our house{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} The next door neighbors.. Steve and Libby and I watched as our beloved and much loved New York post and news laid on the cold icy ground. I decided I would be the brave one to go out and walk the 10 feet to get our papers. I know I put salt down but, I looked and it was frozen on top of the snow. So here I go out in the frozen waste land and I walked very slowly bent over and picked up the papers I waved to my happy family as I very carefully made my way back to my open garage. And then it happened "Black Ice" I did not see as I lost my footing and fell right on my ample Bum{#emotions_dlg.blush} Thank goodness I did not break anything.. Just my pride was wounded. Have a nice day! Be careful out there!